- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
P0406 Chrysler - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Position Sensor Circuit High
- Faulty EGR volume control solenoid valve
- Carbon built up on EGR valve
- EGR volume control solenoid valve harness is open or shorted
- EGR volume control solenoid valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty EGR temperature sensor and circuit
Did you replace the EGR valve, or the volume control solenoid valve?
code p0753 refers to shift solenoid(SS) A-electrical===causes--wiring--shift solenoid--ECM/TCM
The fault is electrical as it is a solenoid ( an object that has a coil wound around a core in which a bar of steel is magnetically moved when the coil is energized This bar movement moves valves or locks bands or clutches)
Change the solenoid and check out the transmission control module(TCM).
changing the oil will be good for the transmission but will not fix the electrical fault.
buy the FSM , read the trans pages.
yes, on many cars the trans solenoids can be changed
pan off. and is easy, (ever drop a pan before?, no, then not easy)
Some trans the the solenoids are above the valve body.
why not buy the FSM and read the chapter. and avoid making it all worse , by skipping steps or getting dirt inside.
the A/T is the most complex part of any car, bar none.
we do the chapter on on car checks, and if bad , tranny its sent out to a pro tranny shop. (even the dealer does that now)
this saves the training costs at the dealer big time. (long schools)