Question about 2005 Dodge Durango
2005 dodge durango key fob is broken, the batttery bracket broke off, but i think i could solder it, what is your opinion, advice on soldering it? Otherwise, these keys and programming are very expensive. Even if I have to buy a new key, I would still save money if I can termporarily solder the original one for a few minutes of operation, in order to program a new one. If anyone has any tips on how to do this, your suggestions are appreciated.
Use a couple of pieces of wood to thermally insulate the terminal from the vice so you can heat it. Apply heat, again either with a large iron, or sometimes you will need a small blow torch. Apply and allow the solder to melt and flow in until it either fills the cup, or it flows out the vent hole if there is one.
Posted on Jun 25, 2017
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: reprogram key fob
Here is a quick HowTo on programming your own keyless entry:
1) Turn ignition to OFF.
2) Locate the Data Link Connector, its a black 16 pin connecter that is under the driver's side dash, right where your right knee would be. You have to look up into the dash from below to see it.
3) Ground pin 1 of the Data Link Connector by taking a wire or paper clip and running it from pin 1 to pin 4. Pin 4 is ground so you can just short pin 1 to 4 and it will be grounded. Grounding pin 1 tells the system you are ready to reprogram it.
4) Close all of your doors.
5) Turn the key to ACC then back off. The power door locks will lock/unlock. This is the signal that the system is ready for reprogramming.
6) Push a button on your key fob, doesn't matter which button.
7) If you have 2 key fobs, then press a button on the 2nd fob within 1 minute of pressing a button on the 1st fob. Both must be programmed at the same time. If you only have 1 fob then press a button 2 more times to signal that you only have one.
8) The doors will lock/unlock to signal the codes were received.
9) Remove the jumper wire from the data connector. 10) your done
Posted on May 15, 2009
To program your vehicle's key fob you will need a scan tool. Select PROGRAM RKE on the scan tool and follow the instructions on the scan tool screen.
Posted on May 24, 2009
SOURCE: program second key fob
Your key can only be programed at the dealer. They have to use a scan tool and a unique id code that they get from the factory. It is done this way to help insure that the vehicle is less likely to be stolden.
Posted on May 25, 2009
Go to the dealer. It is the only way, they have to use a computer. Changing the battery doesn't make it lose it's program though. You most likely broke the battery hold down. This is the most common thing I see at my shop. If the key still starts the vehicle, you now have a bad key fob. If not, you may be able to get it reprogrammed.
Posted on Aug 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 10, 2015 | 2005 Dodge Durango SLT
Jun 05, 2011 | 2005 Pontiac G6
Sep 26, 2010 | 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
Mar 19, 2010 | 2006 Dodge Durango
Jan 31, 2010 | 1998 Dodge Durango
Jan 31, 2010 | 2005 Dodge Durango
Jan 19, 2010 | 1999 Dodge Durango
Aug 05, 2009 | 2000 Dodge Durango
Jul 10, 2009 | 2004 Dodge Durango
159 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: