Question about 1996 Saturn SL

2 Answers

Need to find a front sway bar, stabilizer bar or whatever it's called. no auto parts store around here has them nor can they order them. where can i find one?

Posted by on


2 Answers

Dealer or Salvage Yard.Use your Veh VIN# to get correct one

Posted on Sep 28, 2009

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 192 Answers

Depends on where you live

Posted on Sep 28, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Problems car swaying peugeot 206 gti

If you will check under the front end,there should be what they call a sway bar.This sway bar has bushings on the end of the sway bar on each side or the car ,left,and right.These bushins are more than likey worn out.Your local auto parts store should be able to get them for you.No special tool is required to replace them.This is more thank likely the problem.

Oct 02, 2013 | 2006 Chevrolet HHR

1 Answer

Solid bar in front end, two bushings on either side of front tires is this the sway bar?

if you are talking about the sway bar end links. you can replace them yourself to save a few bucks. first Raise the front of the vehicle with a hydraulic jack. Place jack stands under the frame on each side of the vehicle. Lower the hydraulic jack so that the weight of the vehicle is supported by the jack stands and the front wheels are off the ground. locate the sway bar end links on either side of the front sway bar. Remove the bolts from each end of the sway bar end link. replace the bushings in the same order you take them off. you can go to any auto parts store and buy end links for your car.

May 04, 2012 | 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser

3 Answers

The bar in the front that looks loke a handle bar and has bushings what is it

If the bar goes from side to side it is called a sway bar. If it goes from one side to alittle past center it is called the stabilizer bar.

Jun 19, 2011 | 1997 Chevrolet Blazer

2 Answers

I need to replace the linkage for my front sway bar or stabilizer bar linkage, im not sure which its called but no parts store can find the part in there system. What is it im looking for?

That is strange. Typically you are looking for bushings. but sometimes the links, washers, bolts and nuts need replacement also. Moog makes what you need, aftermarket and the dealer sells what you need. I prefer aftermarket, it usually lasts longer.
Try another parts store, what you seek should be in suspension parts...

Oct 16, 2010 | 2005 Dodge Dakota

1 Answer

Need to find/buy links to stabilizing bar front end. 2000 chevy

i recommend buying MOOG brand sway bar links, they should be available at any parts store. sorry i do not have the part # on hand, but the parts store will have it on file. good luck!

Jun 16, 2010 | 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe

1 Answer

Snapped bolt on swaybar

Its called a stabilizer/swaybar bar to link,or sway bar end connection link.(sometimes sway bar and bolt)Hope this helps

Dec 20, 2009 | 1993 Toyota 4Runner

2 Answers

Is it possible to buy the bolt and mechanism for the stablizer bar? CAn i find a schematic online for the front end?

From your description it sounds like your looking for a stabilizer link. It connects the stabilizer bar to the lower control arm and looks like a long bolt with a few washers and bushings. The links are available from parts stores and usually run around $20 a side. The parts stores may list it as a "sway bar repair kit".

Nov 29, 2009 | 1997 GMC Jimmy

2 Answers

What is the purpose of the swine bar? The bar right by the tire. it has broke in my vehicle.

You mean the sway bar? If so, the sway bar or roll bar, or sometimes called the stabilizer bar. The sway bar has two functions.
  1. To prevent body roll or lean in a turn.
  2. It is used to control the handling of the vehicle and is tuned to your specific vehicle based on many characteristics.
You most definitely need to replace the broken sway bar. A vehicle with a broken sway bar is not a safe vehicle. The handling is not what it should be and this can be dangerous if you have to make a quick maneuver. Replace it, ASAP.

Sep 10, 2009 | 2002 Saturn VUE

1 Answer

Size of sway bar bushings

go to go to the catalog tab, agree select your car year make etc, front suspension/stabilizer bar components/stabilizer bar/bushing this should get you what you need. This web site has all GMparts at reduced prices. Hope this helps with your problem

Apr 04, 2009 | 2000 Chevrolet Tracker

2 Answers

Part name question

Swaybar links.

Oct 31, 2008 | 1997 Jeep Tj

Not finding what you are looking for?
1996 Saturn SL Logo

Related Topics:

170 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Saturn Experts


Level 3 Expert

76164 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22156 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8274 Answers

Are you a Saturn Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides