Question about 2006 Cadillac CTS
Engine will crank over continually until it starts.. i turned key on and back off a few times before trying to start to build fuel pressure up, but it doesnt make a difference. this has been happening past few months, but it doesnt happen every time
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
PASSKEY LOCKOUT RESET GM CARS 1999 UP
1) Put the key in the ignition and turn to the "ON" position. Leave it that way for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes turn the key and take it out. Repeat this process (2) more times (3 times, 30 minutes total) This should reset the passlock system to recognize your key.
Posted on Aug 07, 2009
SOURCE: cadillac 2004 cts, wont start
i had a 2003 ctc that did the same thing, it wouldn't start or would make a clicking sound and about 1 mth after the problem started aND mechanics could not find a problem my car caught on fire and burned completely from something under the right side of the hood. i had just parked the car and got out, it happened really fast. the fire chief said the cause was unknown????
now i have a 2004 cts and i'm having the same problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! has anyone else had this happen???? please be cautious if your cts is doing this, during the fire my doors locked and had to be pried into by fire chief.
Posted on Aug 22, 2009
You just need to go through a simple Idle Relearn Process.
The Idle Speed Control motor will cause the accelerator pedal to tap and the car will surge back and forth, actually acting like there is a lack of power during intial startup.
Whenever a battery is changed, went dead or the ECM computer is replaced.
In order to make the engine run normal again, you need to take the car through a relearn process. Otherwise the idle could be very slow or have a 30mph idle.
To enable it to relearn, here's what to do.
1) Disconnect the battery cable for 15 minutes, before hooking it back up.
2) (KOEO) Turn the Key On with Engine Off, just so the electronics are on, but without starting the engine and turn the climate control panel to off.
3) Push the off and warmer buttons on the climate control panel at the same time and hold for up to 5 seconds for the computer to go into diagnostics.
On the fuel panel screen it will display 888 then E52 and then 70.
When it gets to 7.0 shut off the key for 1 minute.
4) Repeat step 3, two more times.
5) Start the engine without pushing on the accelerator pedal and let it run for 18 minutes with the climate control panel off.
6) After 18 minutes put your foot on the brake and shift into drive and wait 1 minute.
7) Then turn on the a/c by pushing the auto button. It needs to be warmer than 60 degrees F so the compressor can engage. Wait 1 more minute.
8) Put the shifter back in park and turn the key off.
9) Wait 1 minute
10) Idle relearn is now complete and the engine should start and run correctly.
Posted on Sep 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 06, 2016 | 2005 Cadillac CTS
Mar 14, 2015 | 2004 Cadillac CTS
Aug 03, 2013 | 1995 Chevrolet Blazer
Jun 26, 2012 | 2001 Honda Civic
Apr 21, 2012 | 1993 Saturn SL2
May 28, 2017 | 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L
Dec 13, 2009 | Lexus LS 430 Cars & Trucks
Apr 13, 2009 | 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
Aug 15, 2008 | 2006 Ford F-150
Jul 16, 2008 | 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L
394 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!