Question about Dodge Caravan
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: remote keyless entry
“CUSTOMER LEARN” MODE
This feature is only available on domestic vehicles or those which have a U.S. country code designator. This procedure requires access to at least two valid Sentry Keys. If two valid Sentry Keys are not available, Sentry Key programming will require the use of a scan tool.
The steps required to program Sentry Keys with two valid Sentry Keys follows:
1. Obtain the blank Sentry Key(s) that need to be programmed. Cut the keys to match the ignition lock cylinder mechanical key codes. 2. Insert one of the two valid Sentry Keys into the ignition switch and turn the ignition switch to the ON position. 3. After the ignition switch has been in the ON position for longer than three seconds, but no more than fifteen seconds, cycle the ignition switch back to the OFF position. Replace the first valid Sentry Key in the ignition lock cylinder with the second valid Sentry Key and turn the ignition switch back to the ON position. The second valid Sentry Key must be inserted within 15 seconds of removing the first valid Sentry key. 4. About ten seconds after the completion of Step #3 , the indicator light will start to flash and a single audible chime tone will sound to indicate that the system has entered the "Customer Learn" programming mode. 5. Within sixty seconds of entering the "Customer Learn" programming mode, turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, replace the valid Sentry Key with a blank Sentry Key transponder, and turn the ignition switch back to the ON position. 6. About ten seconds after the completion of Step #5 , a single audible chime tone will sound and the indicator light will stop flashing and stay on solid for three seconds and then turn off to indicate that the blank Sentry Key has been successfully programmed. The SKREES will immediately exit the "Customer Learn" programming mode and the vehicle may be started using the newly programmed Sentry Key.
NOTE: The Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Transmitter will also be programmed during this procedure. These steps must be completed in their entirety for each additional Sentry Key to be programmed. If any of the above steps are not completed in the given sequence, or within the allotted time, the SKREES will exit the "Customer Learn" programming mode and the programming will be unsuccessful. The SKREES will also automatically exit the "Customer Learn" programming mode if:
NOTE: If you attempt to start the vehicle while in “Customer Learn” mode (LED flashing), the vehicle will behave as though an invalid key is being used (i.e. the engine will stall after two (2) seconds of running). No faults will be logged.
NOTE: Once a Sentry Key has been programmed to a particular vehicle, it cannot be used on any other vehicle.
Posted on Aug 05, 2008
SOURCE: program remote keyless entry
1) Turn key from OFF to ON eight times within 10 seconds ending in the ON position.
2) After doors lock then unlock, press any button on the
remote being programmed.
3) The doors should lock/unlock to confirm programming.
4) Turn key to OFF and door locks should cycle one last time.
Posted on Aug 17, 2008
There is a way to program a remote if there is already a valid remote. Unfortunatly if you don't have a valid remote the only way to get one programmed is at the dealership with their scan tool.
I have pasted directions for programming a remote if there is already a valid transmiter.
CUSTOMER PROGRAMMING For a customer to be able to program RKE transmitters themselves, at least one RKE transmitter must be programmed already. This procedure is to add additional transmitters. If all transmitters are lost, the DRB III® scan tool must be used to program the new transmitters.
Posted on Aug 30, 2008
1999 dodge durango keyless entry dont work . i replaced the baturys still dont work . is thair a way to reprogram it with out a nother remote
Posted on Oct 24, 2009
The 1997 to 2003 Dodge Caravan and Grand Caravan use a standard key and
remote setup with a separate remote fob. However, the 2004 to 2009 Dodge
Caravan and Grand Caravan use a combination key and remote on one
device. To program a new keyless entry remote for the 1997 to 2003 Dodge
Caravan, you must have at least one functional remote, which is
required to enter synchronization mode. To program the combination key
for the 2004 to 2009 Dodge Caravan, you must have two functional
combination keys. If you do not, you'll need to see an authorized Dodge
dealer for keyless entry programming assistance.
2004 to 2009 Caravan Programming Instructions
Posted on May 08, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 24, 2016 | 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jan 10, 2016 | 1997 Dodge Caravan
Oct 31, 2010 | Dodge Grand Caravan Cars & Trucks
May 14, 2010 | 1998 Dodge Caravan
May 08, 2010 | 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan
Apr 29, 2010 | 1996 Dodge Caravan
May 13, 2009 | 2002 Dodge Caravan
Apr 29, 2009 | Dodge Caravan Cars & Trucks
Sep 23, 2017 | Dodge Dakota Cars & Trucks
191 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: