Question about 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt
On occasion the power steering light comes on and then it steers like manual steering. I have a 2007 Chevy Cobalt.
These cars have electric power steering probably a bad motor but I would have it checked just to be sure
Posted on Sep 25, 2009
Chevy cobalt's power steering problems can be fixin about 30 minutes by (im not sure if this is a temporary fix i tryed it and have had no problem for the last month)
1. check if the power steering comes back on when you turn off then back on your car
(if it does it means your steering motor works fine)
2. you need to remove the motors power wire just un hook it your steering motor it has two bolts holding it in place under neath the dash.
3. remove the bolts that hold the black housing from the motor.
4. get a air hose and blow a couple of short bursts around the 3 points (the flat tabs on the end)
5. get a small light sanding paper not to ruff a fine one will do clean around the points and between the motor.
6 get a bruch a small one cut it so it does not break any of the connections in the motor sweep all the black dust and finish off with some blasts of air.
7 put the housing back on to the motor and screw back not to tight then screw it back under neath the dash.
8. connect the wiring back and start your car turn the wheel all the way several times so the motor can fully turn and you should neer have the steerign problem again
Posted on Oct 23, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 26, 2016 | Mazda Premacy Cars & Trucks
Feb 09, 2014 | 2007 Toyota RAV4
Feb 07, 2013 | 2007 Volkswagen Rabbit
Nov 25, 2012 | 2007 Toyota Yaris
Aug 21, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 16, 2011 | 2007 Chevrolet Malibu SS Sedan New Cars
Oct 30, 2008 | 2007 Pontiac G5 Gt Coupe
243 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: