Question about 1999 Land Rover Discovery
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: TC,ABS and HILL DECENT WARNING
its the abs sensors which are part of the front hub/wheel bearing assembly get the lights reset by a dealer if it happens again u will need 2 renew one or both of the hubs £200 per side tho!
Posted on Oct 10, 2008
Suggests either Wheel Bearing, ABS Sensor Fault, or Shuttle valve. Best to get it to a dealer and on the computer for them to diagnose what exactly is wrong.
Posted on Feb 24, 2010
There are adjustment screws on the rockets according to RAVE.
The procedure is as follows:
1) Rotate the engine clockwise until No 1 injector lobe is at full lift.
2) Rotate rocker adjusting screw clockwise until the injector plunger is felt to bottom out.
3) Rotate rocket adjusting screw anti-clockwise one complete turn to give plunger the required bump clearance and tighten rocker arm adjusting screw locknut to 16Nm. Ensure the screw does not turn as the locknut is tightened.
4) Carry out the procedure for the remaining 4 rocker arms.
5) After completion of rocker arm adjustment slowly rotate engine clockwise 2 complete turns by hand to ensure that no injectors are bottoming out on their plungers.
Posted on Feb 24, 2010
The most likely cause of the ABS light coming on is a faulty wheel speed sensor. Your vehicle will still drive normally, but your ABS light means you don't have Anti Lock Brakes functioning. An easy way to figure out what is going on is to have an auto parts store download the codes on your vehicle, and they can tell you what tripped the ABS light, and you can go from there.
Posted on Apr 28, 2010
Testimonial: "Thanks, This answer has eased my mind, will get a check done, Many thanks, John,"
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 11, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 18, 2015 | 2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II
Apr 02, 2013 | 2002 Land Rover Discovery Series II
Sep 19, 2012 | 1998 Land Rover Discovery
May 21, 2010 | 2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II
Apr 28, 2010 | 2003 Land Rover Discovery
Mar 27, 2010 | 1999 Land Rover Discovery
Jan 04, 2010 | 2000 Land Rover Discovery
Nov 08, 2009 | 2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II
Sep 24, 2008 | 1999 Land Rover Discovery
May 19, 2014 | 1999 Land Rover Discovery
108 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: