Question about 2003 Ford Focus
Where would i locate the pcv valve on an 03 ford focus? by popping the hood or jacking the car and looking underneath? and where specifically is this piece?
Here's a picture to locate it..
So, when looking at the engine from above, on the right of the exhaust.
Procedure to replace it
1) Lift and support the front end of your car, or drive up on ramps
2) Get under the front of your car. The PCV Valve is located behind the exhaust manifold, a few inches below the valve cover.
3) Push up on the PCV valve to pop it out of the tube, or pull. You can get it out of the rubber tube with some effort.
4) Remove the rubber elbow from the top of the PCV valve. This can be re-used if it's not squishy. It can also be replaced cheaply.
5) Put the elbow on the new PCV Valve
6) Re-attach the elbow to the PCV tube
7) Push the new PCV valve back down into the large rubber tube
Posted on Sep 25, 2009
My 03 Ford Focus LX would sometiomes down shift to 2nd while going down the road. Any solutions or something I need to check? The auto service dept. couldn't find anything.
Posted on Jun 15, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 04, 2015 | 2001 Ford Focus
Feb 10, 2015 | 2009 Ford Focus 1.6
Feb 26, 2012 | 2007 Ford Focus (3 Door) Hatchback
Feb 26, 2012 | Ford Focus Cars & Trucks
Aug 03, 2011 | 2001 Ford Focus
Oct 05, 2009 | 2003 Ford Focus
Mar 15, 2009 | 2000 Ford Focus
Nov 02, 2008 | 2000 Ford Focus
4,491 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: