Question about 2006 Chevrolet Uplander
I sheered off a stud on the front wheel. Can this be easily replaced or does it require a whole new wheel bearing/hub assembly?
Should be able to have the peice of stud that is left in the tire taken out and a new stud pressed in!!
Posted on Sep 24, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 12, 2017 | Nissan Cars & Trucks
Oct 25, 2015 | 2000 GMC Jimmy
Aug 15, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
3. Remove retaining ring. If the bearing inner race remains on wheel hub, grind a section of inner race until approximately 0.020 in (0.5 mm) remains. Remove race with a chisel.
4. Remove wheel bearing with suitable tool.
• Do not remove dust cover unless necessary. • Do not reuse dust cover if removed. 5. Mark relative positions of dust cover and knuckle for proper reassembly. 6. Remove dust cover with a chisel.
• Do not remove wheel hub bolt unless necessary. • Do not reuse wheel hub bolt if removed. 7. Remove wheel hub bolt with a press.
Assembly 1. Press in new wheel studs. Front wheel hub press in either bolt turning or loosening by the torque of 108.5 lb•ft (147 N•m, 15 kg•m) shall not be premissible.
2. Mark new dust cover to match the removed dust cover. 3. Align mark on new dust cover with knuckle. 4. Install new dust cover with suitable tool.
5. Install new wheel bearing with suitable tool. 6. Install front wheel hub assembly with suitable tool.
• Use a new oil seal, and apply grease to seal. • Install oil seal so that it is flush with knuckle. 7. Install new oil seal with SST(0K993 331 016).
Jan 12, 2013 | 2003 Kia Sedona
Dec 19, 2012 | 2004 Mercury Mountaineer
Oct 12, 2012 | 2000 Ford Windstar
Mar 14, 2011 | 1996 Isuzu Rodeo
Oct 15, 2010 | 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Jul 04, 2010 | Mercury Mountaineer Cars & Trucks
254 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: