Question about 2007 Ford Shelby GT 500 Convertible New Cars
You will have to get at the other two bolts from the bottom. You may want to put the car up on ramps. The cable can be turned slighly when pulling with needle nose pliers.
You can go to autozone.com and register for full free online repair manual with everything you could need for your car.
Any more questions, feel free to ask.
Posted on Sep 24, 2009
Thanks for using FixYa. Please check the procedure for replacing the handle and detaching the cable--
CAUTION: Do not overtighten the parking brake cable adjustment nut. Overtightening will cause the brakes to drag or lock up.
1. Remove the access cover inside the floor console bin. (see figure 1)
2. Position the parking brake handle up at the fourth notch to access the adjuster nut.
3. NOTE: The rod is staked to prevent the removal of the nut. (see figure 2)
Loosen, but do not remove, the parking brake cable adjuster nut.
4. Apply the tension by tightening the parking brake cable adjustment nut until there is no lash in the system with the handle in the lowered position.
5. Cycle the parking brake control 4 times and adjust as necessary.
6. Lower the parking brake handle and install the access cover.
7. Test the parking brake system for proper operation.
Please do accept the solution if the issue is resolved or else revert for further assistance.
Posted on Sep 24, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 01, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 08, 2016 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Sep 08, 2014 | Ford Mustang Cars & Trucks
Jun 17, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 17, 2011 | 1965 Ford Mustang
Feb 17, 2011 | 2007 Ford Shelby GT 500 Convertible New...
May 19, 2010 | Ford Shelby GT500 Cars & Trucks
May 18, 2008 | 2007 Ford Shelby GT 500 Convertible New...
83 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: