Question about 1988 Volvo 740
One way that always works is to disconnect the battery for at least ten minutes. If the cause of the check engine light turning on in the first place is not fixed, then the light will come on again pretty quickly after starting the car.
To reset your service light here are the steps.
1. Get in your car and shut the door.
2. Put your key in the ignition
3. Turn your ignition key to position 1
4. Push in your Odometer reset button and hold it in while holding it move the ignition key to position 2 while holding down the odometer reset button.
5. After couple of seconds of holding the button down and the key in position 2 your service light will start to blink once that happens let go of the reset button and start the car.
Posted on Sep 24, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 24, 2011 | 1988 Volvo 740
Sep 08, 2010 | 1985 Volvo 740
Nov 16, 2009 | 1988 Volvo 740
Aug 25, 2009 | 1988 Volvo 740
May 30, 2009 | 1988 Volvo 740
Apr 27, 2009 | 1988 Volvo 740
Apr 05, 2009 | 1988 Volvo 740
Aug 13, 2017 | 1988 Volvo 740
Apr 15, 2017 | 1988 Volvo 740
265 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: