- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Before replacing the master switch , did you check for B+ voltage (power) An ground's at the switch ? There are a couple of fuse's a circuit breaker , a relay (power window relay ) An electronic module ( smart entrance control unit ) in the control of all these thing's you have listed as not working . These are very complex electronic systems . Replacing parts isn't the way to fix them when they fail to work , hooking up a diagnostic tool is the proper way ! Checking for DTC'S - diagnostic trouble code's , check data parameters ! Seeing if the control unit is receiving a voltage signal from the switch so it knows when to energize the relay to open the window ,open trunk or the fuel door ! Your best bet would be to take to a qualified repair shop that knows how to diagnose this .
Do you know anything about automotive electronic's , control module's , using a factory or professional scanner to communicate with said control modules ? Here is a list of componets involved in controlling the power windows ,lock's , driver an passenger door mirrors .
Power Window System Components
The power window system consists of the following components:
• Driver door module (DDM)
• Passenger door module (PDM)
• Body control module (BCM)
• LR power window switch
• RR power window switch
• Window up and window down relays in each of the rear passenger window switches
• Window lockout switch
• Reversible power window motors in each of the doors (circuit breaker protected)
• LT DOOR CB 25A (System power for left rear window)
• RT DOOR CB 25A (System power for right rear window)
The power door lock system consists of the following components:
• Driver Door Module (DDM)
• Passenger Door Module (PDM)
• Liftgate Module (LGM)
• Door lock relay
• Door unlock relay
• Body Control Module (BCM)
• Reversible door lock actuators in each of the doors
• LR/RR LOCKS 10A fuse (relay supply voltage)
• Door lock switches in driver and passenger doors (switches are integral components to the DDM and PDM)
I don't think the switch would be the problem , more then likely broken wire's inside the flex boot from the body to the driver's door . See this more often then the switch going bad . Just replacing parts could get expensive . I would think a power wire or a communicate network wire broke .
Without proper electrical diagnostic equipment and based on the very through description that you gave I would suggest getting a new switch. I say a new switch because on the drivers side the switch is one giant junction block. I have the same vehicle and had my door panel off for some locking issues.
I have attached a link to Ford Direct. The part that you are looking for is Window switch, explorer, 4 door, right
Normally this happen.
when only the driver side work.
One problem could be, you have the Power window master Switch on LOCK position.
This funtion is used to prevent the Kids open the windows.
Be sure of the position of the switch or just try on both positions.
This switch is not for LOCK and UNLOCK the doors.
But if the switch is not in lock position.
Is probable to the Master switch come damaged..
But letme know if work or NOT.
I can give to you information about.
I'm a mechanic and have repair information for all the cars.