97 Buick regal 3.8 key less entry problem i recently
97 Buick regal key less entry problem i recently put a new battery in the remote got it program work will for a wile the i notice i have to press the button harder and go to the car closer for it to work then after a wile it stop working i went and use a remote tester the was allot of RF signal reprogram still does not work i also notice the radio station does not work well would it be a receiver problem tie with the key less entry
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Best antitheft is a padlock and chain from the seat to the steering wheel ,visable and effective ,do not mess around with the factory system ,do not a viper piece of junk or anything ,if i want to steal a car from the side of the road with some of my fancy computer thing i plug into the OBDII and use a slide hammer on the lock and in under a minute i have the vehicle started ,but if you think i walking around with a metre long set of bolt cutters?'
Step by Step Solution:
1. Check the battery in your Key Fob/Remote, Replace?
2. If after replacing battery and still does not work then may have lost programming, or bad keyless entry module.
3. May need to take to dealer to have programmed or keyless entry module replaced.
Sounds like a dead cell/shorted battery. 3 years is a little soon but with the fact that you recently replaced the alternator, I would suspect that your battery is done! Even a weak battery will let you jump one, bad cables usually will let you jump one, but a shorted/bad celll in a battery will prevent them from taking a jump. good luck