Question about 2000 Ford Focus

1 Answer

I hit the rear end of my car with another car what is that part of the car called in general terms of finding the part for it

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 95 Answers

It is called a bumper cover. Good luck and I hope it all works out.

Posted on Sep 13, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Stumped ]with my 99 suburban hit in the drivers wheel. Broke tie rod cvshaft and pulled ball joints out. Still was running after impact.towed home and fixed everything now won't start.

Dear Josh,
This may be called "incidental damage".
Whenever a vehicle of any kind is hit , there can be all sorts of damage that happen that seems not to be connected to the damage. For example, getting hit in the front end can cause the rear tailgate to stop opening.
Or, getting hit in the rear end can cause the transmission to fail 4 months later.
Sounds like you have failure of some engine component, or maybe to the computer.
A really good car electrician & mechanic will be needed to find and fix the damage.
God bless your efforts.

Mar 13, 2017 | 1999 GMC Suburban

2 Answers

Hi, just had rear end collision ( I did the rear ending), in my 03 Jeep Liberty 3.7l. Passenger side bumper vs hitch. Now trans is stuck in 2nd or 3rd gear. It drives but hits 4K RPMs at 50mph.

I have seen this when the engine shifts in the engine bay. When an engine gets out of place the transmission linkage or cable is pulled short changing how the transmission will work.

Feb 06, 2017 | 2003 Jeep Liberty

1 Answer

Rear tire is vibrating found a bend in my rear suspension some arm is one on each side from wheel to wheel connects in the middle of car05 grand am please help I need to know what this part is called

it is called a lower control arm
when it is replaced you will need a rear end wheel alignment
for that to be bent I would be looking at rim damage from hitting something like a gutter

Oct 22, 2015 | Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

What is the big ends torque for peugot 307

please find the right term for "big ends" or no one can help you

Mar 19, 2015 | Peugeot 307 Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

05' Grand Caravan, told that 2 of the rear bumper parking sensors need to be replaced. What is the proper term for these, as I can't find them anywhere, and how invasive to replace?

I wish I had good news but rarly does this sensor go out. unless someone rear ended you. in this case the bumper cover has to be removed.

Dec 20, 2011 | 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan

2 Answers

The drlive line goes into what part

The Drive Line is a general term that describes a variety of parts ...

Power starts with the engine ... power is transferred from the engine fly wheel through a clutch to the transmission ... through a series of gears to the 'tail shaft', the output of the transmission. The drive shaft inserts into the splines of the tail shaft. The shaft connects to the rear end where the power is divided between the rear tires through through a diferential. The axels connect to the diferential and deliver power to the hub towhich the tire is attached..

that is unless your car happens to be a front wheel drive ... which I dont think yours is.

Jun 13, 2010 | 1990 GMC Sierra

2 Answers

I have a 71 C10 with a posi rear end. When I turn

Make a series of tight turns in both directions if posi plates are stuck often that will free them. I have no idea what a chunk is so I'll refrain from commenting on that one.

Sep 27, 2009 | Chevrolet Chevy Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Need to replace rear quarter panel and can't find the part online. Is this the correct term for the part I need. I will purchase it once I can find it at a good price.

Yes that is the right term, front and rear quarter panels. Try calling a store like Napa. If they can't get it they would know of a local body supply near you, where ever you are.

hope this helps.

Aug 30, 2009 | 2004 Mini Cooper

1 Answer

What damages are caused from being rear ended

No the canister is in the front & this is probably unrelated to being hit. If the valve is bad it definately had nothing to do with it.

Jun 24, 2009 | 2004 Dodge Ram 1500

1 Answer

Rear End Problem

I believe it is called the tracking bar

Jan 16, 2009 | 1995 Chevrolet Lumina Apv

Not finding what you are looking for?
2000 Ford Focus Logo

Related Topics:

31 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Ford Experts


Level 3 Expert

78289 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5655 Answers

Are you a Ford Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides