Question about 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
Ok I have a problem, I have a 99 grand prix GT 3800 series 2 engine, it has 167,000 miles on it and it will not start. I have replaced the following
-Crank Shaft Position Sensor
-Ignition Control Module
-Upper Intake Manifold and gaskets
I have also checked the following
- Timing Chain
- Disconnected Battery for 10 minutes then plugged back in
- Checked for spark
- Checked the fuel pump and measured the pressure which is 60psi with a orange spark
- Double checked all the wiring and no broken or unplugged wires
- Checked to make sure the fuel pump was not clogged
- Fuel pump makes noise so I know it is working
- Put car in Neutral and tried to start from there also tried to wiggle the shifter while trying to start (thinking it was a security thing)
I do not have a scanner or anyway to get the car to one so any help would be happily taken!
All the car does when you turn the key is it cranks and makes some popping noises out of the tail pipe but will not start...Please help I am about to pull my hair out!
Sounds like the plugs are wet, Always replace them if you replace the upper intake manifold,
Posted on Sep 13, 2009
Testimonial: "It fired right off but for some reason alot of white smoke came out the tail pipe and now the engine is acting like it is seized. Any suggestions?"
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 07, 2014 | 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix
Dec 21, 2012 | 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
May 12, 2010 | 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix
Nov 17, 2009 | 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT
Sep 24, 2009 | 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix
Oct 06, 2008 | 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
397 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!