Question about 1995 Volkswagen Jetta
Not enough room here and not enough continuity here to step you through this; however:
1. You must obtain a motor service manual from an auto supply store, like AutoZone. The manual is not the general manual, it is a specific motor manual for all VW's. ($30). You can also copy the pages you need at the local Public Library (you have a card, right?) ($2)
2. You will need to purchase a gasket kit (calso called a "gasket set") for your specific motor. ($30)
3. Before you purchase any parts or books, check to see if the auto supply store will "lend" (free) or rent you a torque wrench. You will have to torque the bolts whenever you put the head back on to the engine block. Try not to buy one, you will hardly ever use it.
4. Additionally, it would be a good idea to get a "valve job" ($60) done whenever you remove the head from the engine. The auto supply store may have a "machine shop". Generally, you want to have this done at an auto supply store and not a "auto garage"($150). [save $90].
5. Note that once you finish, the car may run a bit "tight" and overheat a little. It will also put "stress" on your cylinder heads because the valves wil "seat" better than before.
Most important to obtain a motor book. These instructions are obviously not step-by-step.
Please comment ...
1. This is a pretty drastic step
2. Why do you want to do this?
Comments by anyone??????
Posted on Sep 11, 2009
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 09, 2012 | 1996 Volkswagen Jetta
Feb 07, 2012 | 1992 Volkswagen Jetta
Mar 13, 2011 | 1996 Volkswagen Jetta
Nov 11, 2010 | 1996 Volkswagen Jetta
Apr 24, 2010 | 1995 Volkswagen Jetta
Oct 20, 2009 | 1992 Daihatsu Charade
May 16, 2009 | 1985 Volkswagen Jetta
Mar 10, 2009 | 1995 Toyota 4Runner
May 17, 2008 | 1992 Volkswagen Jetta
145 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: