Principles of Operation
The driver seat module (DSM) is on the controller area network (CAN) communication network. To support several vehicle subsystems, the module permits intermodule and diagnostic tool communications.
The DSM controls the memory driver seat and the passenger memory power exterior mirror. This passenger memory power exterior mirror feature allows the driver to program personalized mirror positions. Once the driver stores a mirror position, the driver can recall the setting by pressing the corresponding memory switch or by using a programmed remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter. For additional information, refer to Section 501-10 .
How to Diagnose Controller Area Network CAN
Driver Seat Module - Memory Seat
The power driver seat, power outside rear view mirrors and power adjustable pedals are controlled by the driver seat module (DSM) only when the vehicle is equipped with the programmable/recall memory option. The DSM is located on the driver seat track.
This system allows automatic positioning of the driver seat to 2 programmable positions.
- A power driver seat position can be stored at any time. The driver must move the seat to the desired position using the driver seat switch assembly. The driver must then depress the memory SET switch which activates the memory SET switch light emitting diode (LED). Within 5 seconds (before the LED goes out), the driver must select a memory position. Memory 1 is selected by depressing memory switch 1. Memory 2 is selected by depressing memory switch 2.
- If no memory switch input is received within the 5-second time limit, the operation is aborted and the memory seat position switch (set switch) LED is turned OFF. This also occurs if one of the following inputs is received during the 5-second programming limit:
- Driver seat control switch
- Memory seat position switch (set switch)
- Power adjustable pedal switch
A programmed seat position can only be recalled when the transmission selector is in PARK or NEUTRAL with the ignition switch in the RUN position. A position may be programmed at any time.
Easy Entry/Easy Exit
The driver power seat easy entry/easy exit feature can be enabled/disabled. Refer to Section 418-01 or the owner's literature.
This may need to be done with a scan tool