Question about 1993 Plymouth Voyager
Yes the tank must be removed
Fuel Pump: Service and Repair
WARNING: The fuel system is under constant pressure, even when the engine is OFF. Always release fuel pressure before servicing any fuel
FUEL PUMP REMOVAL
1. Release fuel system pressure.
2. Fuel tank must be removed prior to fuel pump service.
3. Using a hammer and a brass drift, carefully tap the fuel pump lock-ring counter-clockwise to release the fuel pump.
4. Remove the fuel pump and its O-ring from the fuel tank, and discard the old O-ring.
5. Cover tank openings to prevent dirt from entering system.
FUEL GAUGE SENDING UNIT REMOVAL
1. Gently bend the sending unit locking tabs away from the sending unit.
2. Remove the electrical connector cover (red). Remove the sending unit wires from the electrical connector.
3. Use one screwdriver to push on the fuel pump body, and use another to release the sending unit locking tab from the sending unit.
4. Slide the sending unit assembly off of the fuel pump reservoir housing.
5. Pull the wires through the reservoir body and fuel pump cover plate.
FUEL GAUGE SENDING UNIT INSTALLATION
1. Bend the sending unit wires and lay them into the slot on the back of the sending unit.
2. Slide the sending unit into the slots on the fuel pump reservoir body. Slide the wires through the triangle shaped hole in the fuel pump reservoir
body. Check that the tab in the fuel sending unit locks into the detent in the fuel pump reservoir body.
3. Slip the wires onto the tab of the fuel pump reservoir body.
4. Slide the sending unit wire terminals into the electrical connector. Install the terminal locking cover.
5. Slide the fuel sending unit electrical connector into the bottom of the fuel pump electrical connector. Check that the connectors are securely
attached and fully pushed into each other.
FUEL PUMP INSTALLATION
1. Wipe seal area of tank clean, and install a new O-ring seal on pump.
2. Position fuel pump module in tank and secure with the lock-ring.
3. Using a hammer and a brass drift, carefully tap the fuel pump lock-ring clockwise to lock the module in place.
NOTE: Do not overtighten the lock-ring, because the fuel pump seal could split and leak.
4. Install fuel tank assembly.
NOTE: ASD and fuel pump relays remain energized for 7 minutes during the following test, unless the test is stopped or the ignition switch is
turned to the OFF position.
5. Using scan tool, place ignition switch in "RUN" position and use Actuate Output Test "Auto Shutdown (ASD) Relay", to activate fuel pump and
6. Check for leaks.
Posted on Sep 10, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 27, 2011 | 1998 Plymouth Voyager
Mar 26, 2011 | 1993 Plymouth Voyager
Sep 01, 2010 | 1993 Plymouth Voyager
Jun 05, 2010 | 1994 Plymouth Voyager
Feb 20, 2010 | 1994 Plymouth Voyager
Sep 24, 2009 | 1993 Plymouth Acclaim
Aug 31, 2009 | 1996 Plymouth Voyager
Apr 18, 2009 | 1993 Plymouth Voyager
Mar 11, 2009 | 1998 Plymouth Voyager
425 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: