Question about 1995 Chevrolet K2500
I have a 1994 chevy truck 2500 6.5 turbo Diesel it started to stall and would not start so i replaced the fuel pump and relay, seemed to of solved the problem for 1 day and then started doing it again when it starts and does not stall it runs good but when you shut it off it will either start and run for 2-3 seconds and die or will not start at all
i bought the truck over a year ago and have never had any issues with it till now. is there any hope for it i know almost nothing about diesel engines
1994 Chevy Truck K 2500 Suburban 4WD V8-393 6.5L DSL
Fuel Cut Solenoid: Testing and Inspection
An inoperative shutdown solenoid can cause a no-start condition. Disconnect solenoid harness connector and with ignition switch in the "ON"
position momentarily touch solenoid harness connector to solenoid connector. If a "click" sound is heard, the solenoid circuit is operating
properly. If "click" is not heard, the system should be diagnosed as follows:
1. With test lamp connected to ground and the ignition switch in the "ON" position, backprobe the shutdown harness connector. If the test lamp
does not light check for open circuit form the ignition switch to the solenoid.
2. If the test lamp lights, check the ground circuit between solenoid stud and injection pump cover to see if connectors are clean and tight. If the
connections are not clean and tight repair and retest.
3. If the ground circuit is "OK", remove the injection pump cover. Connect a jumper wire between solenoid ground connector and ground. With
the ignition switch in the "ON" position, momentarily touch shutdown solenoid harness connector to shutdown solenoid terminal. If solenoid
operates, check for internal injection pump problem.
4. If the solenoid will not operate, replace the shutdown solenoid.
Fuel Cut Solenoid: Service and Repair
REMOVE OR DISCONNECT:
1. Remove pump cover.
2. Terminal contact nuts.
INSTALL OR CONNECT:
1. Solenoid in the pump cover.
- On the shutdown solenoid, make sure that the linkage is free.
- On the cold advance solenoid, make sure that the plunger is centered so that it will contact the check ball in the fitting.
2. Insulating washers on the terminal studs.
3. Terminal nuts and tighten to 1 Nm (9 in lbs).
4. Pump cover.
5. Inspect solenoid operation prior to installing the pump cover. Use a 12 volt DC power source.
Posted on Sep 10, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 28, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 18, 2013 | 1994 Chevrolet C/K 3500
May 30, 2012 | 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
Jul 14, 2011 | 1994 Chevrolet K2500
Mar 05, 2011 | 1994 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
Feb 18, 2010 | 1997 Chevrolet K1500
Dec 16, 2009 | 1994 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
Nov 23, 2009 | 1996 Chevrolet C2500
May 18, 2009 | 1994 Chevrolet C/K 2500
May 09, 2017 | 1995 Chevrolet K2500
5,634 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: