Question about Chevrolet 1500
You need the following;
* J 34730-E Fuel Pressure Gauge.
* J 34730-1A Fuel Pressure Gauge with J 34730-250 Fuel Pressure Adapter Kit.
* d 42873-1 3/8 Fuel Feed Pipe Shutoff Valve and the J 42873-2 5/16 Fuel Return Pipe Shutoff Valve.
1. Wrap a shop towel around the fuel pressure connection to absorb any small amount of fuel leakage that may occur when installing the fuel pressure gauge. Turn ON the ignition leaving the engine OFF, the fuel pressure should be 415-455 kPa (60-66 psi). This pressure is controlled by a spring pressure within the regulator assembly.
2. The fuel pressure that continues to fall is caused by one of the following items:
o The in-tank modular fuel sender is not holding pressure.
o The fuel pressure regulator valve is leaking.
o A Central SFI injector is leaking.
o Fuel line is leaking.
3. When the engine is idling, the manifold pressure is low (high vacuum) and is applied to the fuel pressure regulator diaphragm. This will offset the spring and result in a lower fuel pressure. This idle pressure will vary somewhat depending on the barometric pressure; however, the pressure at idle should be less indicating the pressure regulator control.
4. If the fuel pressure is less than 415 kPa (60 psi), it falls into the following 3 areas:
o The pressure is regulated but less than 415 kPa (60 psi).The amount of fuel reaching the injector is sufficient, but the pressure is too low. The system will run lean, hard starting cold, no start, overall poor performance, and may set a DTC.
o A restricted flow causing pressure drop-Normally, a vehicle with a fuel pressure of less than 300 kPa (44 psi) at idle is inoperable. However, it the pressure drop occurs only while driving, the engine will normally surge then stop running as the pressure begins to drop rapidly. This is most likely caused by a restricted fuel line or plugged filter.
o A leaking or contaminated pressure regulator valve or seat interface may not allow the regulated pressure to be achieved.
Notice: Do not allow the fuel pressure to exceed 517 kPa (75 psi). Excessive pressure may damage the fuel pressure regulator.
5. Restricting the fuel return line allows the fuel pressure to build above regulated pressure. With the battery voltage applied to the fuel pump test terminal, the pressure should rise above 455 kPa (66 psi), as the valve in the return line is partially closed.
Posted on Sep 10, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 23, 2014 | 2006 Ford Expedition
Sep 05, 2013 | 2007 Jeep Compass Limited
Jan 14, 2013 | 2005 Kia Optima
May 15, 2010 | 1988 Chevrolet S-10
May 08, 2010 | 1990 Ford Econoline
Feb 25, 2010 | 1999 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup
Dec 19, 2009 | 1992 Ford F150 SuperCab
Nov 27, 2009 | 2000 Buick Regal
Nov 25, 2009 | 2007 BMW 525xi Sedan
Oct 03, 2009 | GMC K1500 Cars & Trucks
Sep 24, 2017 | Chevrolet Cars & Trucks
70 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: