Question about 2004 Oldsmobile Alero

1 Answer

Need to know the name of the part that holds the window to the regulator

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 733 Answers

I believe it's called the "regulator assembly". it's sold as a whole unit i believe. Is it this...follow link...

Posted on Sep 09, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I need to know the name of a part on my 2000 gran prix

Hi Debbie, We call it the window cluster switch unit. I'm sure if you describe it to your parts store they will know what it is. Different countries have different names for the same parts. regards John

Jul 02, 2012 | 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix

1 Answer

Drivers side window regulator clip broke..cant find a replacement clip! Perhaps the wrong name for piece..part that holds the glass to the actual window regulator??

Is it the kind where a bolt goes through the regualtor into that "clip"? If so, they are usually part of the glass and you would need a window to get them. I can tell you that if I worked in a glass shop then I would keep the old ones laying around just for such an emergency.

Aug 23, 2011 | 2001 Hyundai Elantra

1 Answer

The rear drivers side window is off the track. can i fix it myself

Yes. A new Window Regulator is a bout $60.00. (eBay)
You will need to remove the door panel. There are three bolts holding the Regulator in (10mm) and two more holding the window glass to the regulator. It's a little tricky getting the regulator out and back in.
You will need to position the window and regulator about 2/3 up so you can get to the screws.

Dec 28, 2010 | 2002 Oldsmobile Aurora

2 Answers

My driver side window won't come up... i pressed it all the way down and could not make it to come back up... the rest of the windows are working what should be the problem?

well the problem is most likely the track came outta place or the glass came of the track.. the hopefully not problems are a broken regulator (thing that lifts the glass up and down) or a broken switch (thing u press to make glass go up and down).'

now i will try my best to to explain how to diagnose and fix it,, seeing as I'm from the caribbean parts here sometimes carry (local names) not the names your used to so bear with me..

  • open door ( i know it was obvious sorry!!)
  • remove door upholstery (some screws are hidden in the handle, door lever, and behind plugs look for it)
  • pry the upholstery loose from the clips to get it off
  • now look at the glass ,, you will notice 2 railings on eighter ends ,, is the glass in the middle or in the tracks of the railings ?? if not then fit it in place and your set, you can adjust it by loosening the 3 bolts on the middle of the glass)
  • there is an arm there,, a motor with a cable running through and up some metal pieces,, is the cable broken ? if so replace the entire regulator unit, remove it by loosening the bolts holding it in place , then the 3 bolts holding the glass to it,, lift the glass out the door then pull the regulator out)
  • if all looks good then simply connect your switch back, turn ignition on,, press the up on the switch and gently push the glass up,, chances are something got in the rail and stuck the glass..
well thats the fix.. BTW if you press the switch and you dont here the motor turn on ,, well you need to replace the regulator..

let me know what happens..

Sep 17, 2010 | Buick Century Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Trying to replace a power window motor on an 03 maxima but can't get motor assembly out from behind door and now window is off track as well. Need to know how to get window back in track. Do I need to...

The window need to be lowered to get to bolts that hold it to regulator,then pull glass all the way up and wedge it there,next is to remove all the bolts securing the regulator to door,now work regulator out and replace the motor, with regulator out remove the wedge tilt glass until you are able to get it on the front and rear track ,on track now pull window back up and wedge it.install regulator and bolt it up to door,move regulator with switch to line up bolts to attach glass, now lower glass onto regulator arms and tighten, hope this helps.

Sep 12, 2010 | 2004 Nissan Maxima

2 Answers

2002 GMC 2500 power window. Cable is broke loose at motor. I have left sidedoor panel off. What do i do now? Can I get something to show me what to do? What do I need to replace? Thanks Carlton

Your there, unscrew 10mm bolt's that hold window regulator, and two small bolts that hold window to regulator, used something to hold window up, while window regulator is out, most part places will sell this part, it's call a window regulator, there no repair for the cable, assembly will have to be replace.

Jul 22, 2010 | 2002 GMC Sierra

3 Answers

The power window does not work. There is a cable

you buy the whole window regulator with motor and it bolts in 5 screws and the motor has 1 plug in harness just hold the window in place once you take out the reg it may fall ? a wedge peice of wood works well

Aug 26, 2009 | 2001 Buick Century

1 Answer

Drivers Side Electric window 1993 SC400

The motor/regulator comes as an assembly with the wire and clips. You don't need to remove the window, just unbolt it from the regulator, and hold the window up till the new regulator is in, then remount it.

Jun 10, 2009 | 1995 Lexus Sc 400

1 Answer

What is wrong with passenger window 2004 volvo xc70

sometimes the window clips, or guides, can loosen. if you're not careful and keep operating the window, it could contact the window regulator arms and bend them. this will require window regulator replacement

Jan 08, 2009 | 2005 Volvo XC70

Not finding what you are looking for?
2004 Oldsmobile Alero Logo

Related Topics:

89 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Oldsmobile Experts


Level 3 Expert

80339 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

Jeffrey Turcotte
Jeffrey Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8841 Answers

Are you an Oldsmobile Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides