Question about 2008 Kia Rio

2 Answers

Alignment issue, 2008 Kia Rio SX. I was in an accident that messed up my alignment. My mechanic told me he could not fix the Caster, nor the SAI, or the Included Angle of the front alignment. I don't know what any of that means. Does it mean that I have permanently damaged my vehicle, or does it mean I need to go to a different mechanic?

Posted by on

  • silver top May 11, 2010

    hi best advice is to go to body/accident repair shop they will /may check the damage you sustained and whether the actual body structure is affected ie front chassis members ? hence the reason your mech has been unable to re aligne steering ?? then heed their advice ? on whatever their findings ?



2 Answers

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Brigadier General:

    An expert that has over 10,000 points.

  • Master
  • 4,088 Answers

The folks that repaired the car after the accident probably missed aligning the frame that supports the front wheel suspension. If the person that assessed the alignment wrote-up a detailed statement of the problems, then present that to the accident repair people. Between them, they should be able to resolve your problems. The big problem with modern cars is that the strength of the uni-body is only good as long as the light metal used is not deformed or the welding isn't torn apart (as in an accident). Good luck with this!

Posted on Sep 07, 2009

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.


    An expert who has posted more than 50 answers, of which 90% or more were rated as helpful.

  • Expert
  • 117 Answers

It sounds like your vehicle needs to have it's suspension and chassis realigned on a body jig. Any quality body repair shop will be able to help. You may well have some damage to the suspension mounting areas that will need specialized repairs.

Posted on Sep 07, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Tire alignment

Yes you need the caster and camber kits. The advice is good.

May 21, 2013 | Lincoln Navigator Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

What can be done was told ther is no adjustments in front end of my car for alignment

all cars has to be align at a long period of time if you getting quick tire wear, the mechanic told you a story, only reason a vechicle cant aligned if front end been or side vechicle been in a car wreck or if you have severe worn suspension components it would be hard to adjust the camber or caster wheel alignment.go to another garage that do front end alignment.

Sep 09, 2012 | 1995 Lincoln Continental

1 Answer

My front tyrers are both worn on the inside

You have a front end wheel alignment issue, most likely that would be caster, have it checked for proper wheel aligment specs. This must be done on a special machine called an "Alignment Rack" Also make sure you rotate your tires front to rear at least every 6,000 miles.

Mar 07, 2012 | 2003 Kia Rio

1 Answer

I need toe-in, caber and caster for a Chrysler Sebring Cab 2004

It's toe-in, caster, & camber--all included in a front wheel alignment at an alignment shop--make sure your struts, link rubbers, ball joints, wheel bearings, & tie-rod ends are good first or they will tell you to replace them before alignment(or they should be replaced if worn). An alignment can cost from $35-$100--depending on whether you get a 2 or 4 wheel alignment. Usually the rear is okay--unless the car has been in an accident or has over 200,000 kms.(120,000 miles) on it.

Jan 21, 2011 | 2004 Chrysler Sebring

1 Answer

I have a 1990 plymouth grand voyager se 3.3 that pulls to the right had an alignment done and the caster on the left is at 1.4 and on the right is at 0.9 the specs call for -0.3 thu 1.7 how can i adjust my...

If the alignment shop could not adjust it . Take it to one that can. You can not adjust the caster with out the right equipment. If the vehicle has suffered accident damage and that is the reason for the lack of adjustment, have a body shop with a frame stretcher adjust the alignment . It will cost more but they will fix it right, not just take your money and say sorry it can not be fixed because we do not know how to do it, or do not have the right equipment.

Sep 13, 2010 | 1990 Plymouth Grand Voyager

1 Answer

How much does an alignment cost?

A standard wheel alignment costs about $50 for a two wheel alignment, and $80 for a 4 wheel alignment, and if something is broken or worn, parts are extra

Jan 13, 2010 | 2008 Kia Rio

2 Answers

Took for allinement was told could not do because pass side wheel was pushed back 1.5 inches

Something is bent. The alignment shop should have told you what was bent. Could be lower control arm, spindle, strut, ect.

Dec 30, 2009 | 2000 Plymouth Neon

1 Answer

2008 Kia Rio-driver's side Mirror installation/DiY repair manual?

Please drive to Kia workshop or one of their Dealers will definately fix at a token.

Mar 17, 2009 | 2002 Kia Rio

1 Answer

Pulls to right

Absolutely NOT true. Pulling to the right is most likely du to an alignment problem for example needs camber/Caster adjustment or may be a bad tire. It can even mean toe adjustment in the front of the rear is off. But excessive pulling can be due to a bent chassis/frame if vehicle was na an accident before. Good Luck and contact me if you need more help. If I fixed ya leave me a FIX-YA comment

Dec 17, 2008 | 2007 Kia Rondo LX V6

2 Answers

Bump sterring

This sounds like a caster issue, add more caster

Nov 19, 2008 | Chevrolet C1500 Cars & Trucks

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

184 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kia Experts

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers


Level 3 Expert

79077 Answers

Ronny Bennett Sr.
Ronny Bennett Sr.

Level 3 Expert

6927 Answers

Are you a Kia Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides