- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Nov 4, 2012 - Uploaded by daniluchison
Remote controls sends signal to Remote Starter but after a few 'clicks' it won't start the ... 04-08 Pontiac ...
the remote is probably bad.if your on star works see if they can send a unlock code to tahoe if works remote is bad ,or go to dealer they can use scan tool to give lock unlock command to remote control module to ck system operation.
Does the spare remote work? Have you tried to reprogram it? These remotes are very cheaply made and prone to key pad failure. To program the remote click this LINK, if that doesn't work buy anew one on eBay for cheap.
You must have one working
remote to add one more to the system. If you do not have one working remote
right now then these instructions will not work. You will have to have a
Locksmith or dealership use a computer to program the first remote for
1. Press LOCK button 5
times at 2 second intervals to resynchronize remote. 2. Insert key into the ignition switch. Turn ignition
to the RUN position (as far as you can go without cranking
engine). Wait for ignition chimes to stop.
3. Using the working remote, press and hold the UNLOCK button on the
remote for 4 to 10 seconds. 4. Within the specified 4 to 10 seconds, continue
pressing the UNLOCK button and then press the PANIC button ( on the programmed remote ) for 1 second and
release both buttons. A chime will sound to indicate that the remote
programming mode has been entered ( allow 3 seconds for chime to sound
). 5. Within 30 seconds of the chime, press and release the
LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously then press and release just the
UNLOCK button on the same remote. A chime will sound indicating the
remote has been programmed. Press and release the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons
simultaneously and then press the UNLOCK button on each new remote you
wish to program at this time. Locks will cycle after
each additional remote is programmed. 6. Turn the ignition OFF and remove
key. 7. Test Remotes.
If you have a working remote the programming is as follows:
1. Turn the ignition switch to the 'run' position.
2. With the remote that works, press the UNLOCK button for 4 to 10 seconds.
3. Within that 4 to 10 second period, keep holding the UNLOCK button, and press the PANIC button for one second. Release both buttons. You will hear a chime, this means that the car is in remote programming mode.
4. Within 30 seconds of hearing the first chime, press any button on ALL remotes to be programmed (including the working remote). You will hear a chime after each remote is programmed.
5. Turn the ignition key to OFF.
6. Test all of the remotes.
If you don't have a working remote, you will need to go to a dealership to have them program one for you.
I had the exact same problem where I could lock the car remotely but I couldn't unlock it remotely after about 2 minutes. I was able to fix the problem by simply disconnecting the positive (red) side of the battery for a minute, and then reconnecting it.