Question about 2002 Chrysler Concorde
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 12, 2015 | 2002 Chrysler Concorde
Apr 02, 2014 | Chrysler Concorde Cars & Trucks
[Information] For a 2002 Toyota Camry, the Daytime
Running Lights (DRL) operate utilizing the High Beams (inner Lamps closer to
the center of the vehicle front) at a reduced power.
[The troubleshooting process:] Review the Owner's Manual and ensure the test
configuration matches the following criteria:
1. According to the 2002 Toyota Camry Owner's Manual (Check your Owners Manual):
"The DRL system will make your headlights come on at a reduced brightness when:
The light switch s in the "DRL" position.
The ignition is on with the engine running.
The headlight switch is off.
The parking brake is released."
2. Set the Test Conditions according to Step 1 above.
3. Check the headlight bulbs to ensure they are not
burned out. If one burns out, there is a fair chance that the other would have burned
out at the same time. Replace as necessary.
In this case, if the high beams operate, the DRLs should also operate.
4. Test the system, ensuring the step 1 conditions are set. (Engine running, Multi-function Switch on Turn Signals in "DRL" position, headlight switch off (repeating what the manual says -- it should be obvious that in the "DRL" position, the headlight switch should be off / do not have the switch positioned to "High Beam"), and the Parking Brake "off").
5. If DRL lights do not work, check the engine compartment Fuse and Relay Box. there is a 5 Amp DRL fuse -- replace it with the spare. Test (step 4).
6. If it does not work, swap around or replace relays -- there are three (3). Any one of them could be bad (stuck or burned out). Test (step 4).
7. Other less likely possible issues could be that the Multi-function Switch is broken or a connection / wire is broken. [Beyond the scope of this process.]
My problem was that the test configuration did not have
the engine running and parking brake off - Step 1. Problem solved with much
thought, repetitive tests on the vehicle and going back to the basics -- what
does the Owner's Manual say and where are the applicable fuses and relays
Dec 30, 2011 | 2002 Toyota Camry
Jan 03, 2011 | 2002 Chrysler Concorde
Jun 02, 2017 | 2002 Toyota Celica
Feb 24, 2010 | 2002 Chrysler Concorde
Nov 17, 2009 | 2002 Chrysler Concorde
Jun 05, 2009 | 2002 Chrysler Concorde
Jan 26, 2009 | 2003 Chrysler Concorde
99 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: