Question about Pontiac Grand Am
1. Press and hold presets 2 and 3 for about 7 seconds until you get 3
digits on your display. This is the first 3 digits you will need, so
write them down.
2. Press the AM/FM button to get the last 3 of the 6 numbers you will need. You only have 5 seconds to do this. If you wait too long before pressing the AM/FM button, the display will go back to LOC. If this is the case, just start over at step 1.
3. Call 1-800-537-5140, press 2 for Pontiac, press 620529 and hit the # key. The computerized voice will ask you for your 6 digit code you have written down. Enter that and press the * key. He will then give you your unlock code, and the option to get additional codes. The first one worked for me so do not worry about the additional ones.
4. Set the code into your radio by pressing the hour set button on your radio until it corresponds with the first 2 digits of your code, then press the minute set button until the last 2 digits of your code are entered. Immediately press the AM/FM button once the correct code is entered and the code SEC or "secured" will be displayed. This part of the procedure is outlined in your owners manual.
5. If you want, you can change your code so you will not forget it, or get rid of the theftlock all together. These procedures are outlined in your owners manual, read it if you would like to change these values.
6. turn on the power to your radio and enjoy.
- The first 3 and the last 3 digits were the same on my radio. (for example first 3 were 123 and last 3 were 123) First I thought I was doing something wrong when the display wasn't changing, but I wasn't. Just to let you know it is a possibility.
- The dealer code 620529 is an actual dealer. If GM finds out that this code was leaked to the public, they will remove it from their system. If the dealer code does not work when you phone the 1-800 number, you can search for a new dealer code on the internet somewhere. If this does happen, PM me and I will try to find one that works for you.
Posted on Sep 06, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 28, 2015 | 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix
Mar 01, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 11, 2011 | 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT
Jun 13, 2010 | 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE
Jan 21, 2010 | 1999 Pontiac Grand Am GT
Sep 25, 2009 | 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix
Jan 03, 2009 | 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT
Sep 02, 2008 | Pontiac Grand Am Cars & Trucks
23 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: