- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Locate the programming connector located in the LH trunk. Trim may have to be pulled back to access programming connector. ( Connector has black/white wires leading up to it and it is not connected to anything.)
When you change the battery on your key fob, sometimes you will have to reprogram it to your car's security system for it to function. Make sure your trunk and hood are closed along with all of the other doors, then get into the driver's seat and shut the driver's side door. Put your key into the ignition and click it into ACC mode which is to click it back one click. Wait momentarily until you hear a beep. Quickly now click it forward once and then back to ACC mode where you will then hear another beep.Now open the driver's side door and then shut it to hear the last beep signifying that you are now in Programming Mode.
Press and hold down both the lock and unlock buttons for fifteen seconds and listen for the beep which will signal that the fob has been programmed. Continue this for all existing and new fobs, you will be able to program four remotes to your Grand Prix and will have to do them all at once due to the memory being forgotten every time you enter Programming Mode. Once you have programmed all of the remotes and heard a beep for each one programmed, remove the key from the ignition to exit Programming Mode. You are now free to test your fobs and ensure that they all work.
Is the battery good in the remote? Is the remote working? Did the car come with keyless remote?
If you stop by a big box part store they have a tester to check the remote. Sometimes when the battery is replaced there is a solder joint that brakes.
Start with checking the remotes. The battery hold downs can break when dropped. After that the transmitters can be tested at the dealer, usually free, If they are bad they will have to be replaced and the new ones programmed. If the transmitters are good the system codes will need to be checked.
try programming the remote again, here is how u do that. if this doesn't fix the problem the remote may be defective, if you need a new one try ebay, they are very cheap to buy there.
Note: Existing keyless remotes will be erased with this procedure. Existing working remotes will have to reprogrammed also.
1. Locate the programming connector wire located in the RH trunk area. You may have to pull back right side trunk trim on trunk wall to locate the single black/white wire.
2. The programming connector wire should have one termial in the plastic connector on end of black/white wire. Ground the terminal in the connector to a nearby bolt or trunk latch. Leave connector wire connected to ground through out procedure.
3. System will now lock and unlock doors automatically to indicate programming mode has been activated.
4. Press any button on keyless remote. System will respond by locking and unlocking doors one time to indicate successful programming.
5. Repeat step 4 for to program any additonalkeyless remotes including and existing keyless remotes. Do not remove ground wire between programming of keyless remotes.
6. Disconnect programming connector wire from ground to exit programming mode.
7. Test keyless remote(s).
The rke on 06 pontiac only can be programed using a diagnostic scan tool or Tech 2.
Conect the scan tool to the vehicle. turn key to on position.
Select 1 body, 2 them select special funtions
3 slect program key fob,
4 select the number of key fob you want to program.
5 Press and hold the lock and unlock key simultaneous. about 15 seconds
The power lock cycle confirm the remote is programed.