Question about 2001 Dodge Caravan
NO COST PROCEDURE TO FIX IT:
1. Sit in vehicle
2. Ignition key is on
3. Door in question is opennd (in case you closed door)
4. While door is open, press and hold power window button in desired window travel, keep button held
5. Pull to SLAM hard door closed with one hand while other hand holds button as per #4.
6. Watch window operate as it should.
7. Repeat steps 3-6 if necessary, usually the first try works!
This may be a temporary fix, works for few weeks, months, repeat again at that time.
Posted on Jul 18, 2010
I myself have a 2005 caravan and have had to replace the actuator twice on the pass.side, however you could clean the contact points to ensure a good connection just to be sure. If your driver's side and both rear windows operate then I'm 99.9% sure that's your problem. hope this helps.
Posted on Sep 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1, Disconnect the able from negative terminal of the battery.
2. Pry the courtesy light from the door trim and disconnect the wire connector..
3. Remove all door trim panel retaining screws and door pull armrest assemblies.
4. Remove the door switch panel and the control switch panel and the control switch assembly.
5. On models with memory seats/mirrors, use small-flat bladed pry tool to remove and disconnect the wire.
6. Grasp the trim panel lift up and pull out to detach it from the door. Disconnect the inner door handle lock rod from the handle. Unplug any electrical connectors remaining and remove the door panel.
7. To install, connect the wire harness connectors and place the panel in position in the door. Press the trim panel down into place until the hooks are seated.
8. Install the armrest/door pulls, the courtesy light and the window switch'
9. Reconnect the battery
Also. You will need star pattern drivers to remove the window and motor from your door. If you have all the equipment it should only take you 1 hour.
Posted on Jan 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 16, 2015 | 2001 Dodge Caravan
Aug 01, 2012 | Dodge Grand Caravan Cars & Trucks
Mar 09, 2011 | 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan
Oct 11, 2010 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
Nov 28, 2009 | 2001 Dodge Caravan
Jun 18, 2009 | 2001 Dodge Caravan
Jan 15, 2009 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
365 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!