How to Replace Wiper Blades Guide:
Potential tools needed to replace wiper blades:
- Flat blade screwdriver (small)
- Small nosed pliers
- Latex or vinyl gloves
- Safety goggles
To replace wiper blades the actual action of replacing the blade is no big deal, it's the location of the blade down below the hood that can make it difficult though. Sometimes it helps to open the hood to gain access to the wiper blades. Other times it is helpful if the wiper blade is somewhere in the motion line of wiper action. The trick is to get the wiper to stop somewhere in the wiper arc. Turn the wipers to the on position and allow the wipers to start, and then shut the key off when the wiper has arrived in a desirable position on the windshield. To replace your wiper blades please follow the step by step instruction below. Also, watch the How to replace wiper blades
video below to gain additional information. The method in which the wiper blades are attached will vary slightly.
- Step 1: With the hood closed, turn the wipers on, when the wipers are in the middle of their arc turn the key to the off position. (Note: if this can't be done because of wiper condition and you want to avoid scratching the windshield please open your hood to gain access)
- Step 2: Locate the mounting clips at the top pivot on the wiper blade
- Step 3: Release the clip and remove the wiper arm
- Step 4: Match the size of the old blade against the new blade to ensure proper fit and operation
- Step 5: Reinstall the new wiper blade and recheck wiper operation
- Make sure the wiper blades are the same size as the original blades.
- When replacing wiper blades not getting the blade on the mounting pin completely allowing the wiper arm to become dislodged and possibly causing damage to the windshield.
- Using wiper blades after the blade has failed permanently damaging the windshield by craving scratches in the wiper arc.
- Wiper blade can create a chattering noise when the blade is not properly balanced allowing the blade to "flop" back and forth as the wiper direction changes.
I hope help you with this (remember rated this help) Good luck.