Question about Ford Cars & Trucks
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Automobiles: 2000 Ford Escort ZX2 4-cylinder 2.0L MFI DOHC
The "left" side of the engine is the driver's side.
The Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor is a thermistor (a device which changes resistance or voltage as temperature changes). The sensor detects the temperature of engine coolant and provides a corresponding signal to the PCM (Powertrain Control Module - aka "the car's computer").
The ECT sensor is mounted in the following locations (small Ford engines):
1.8L engines: in the cylinder head
1.9L engines: threaded into the heater hose inlet pipe
2.0L engines: at the left rear of the engine
2.0L Zetec Engine
(1) Partially drain the engine cooling system using a clean container. If coolant is in good condition, retain for reuse.
(2) Disconnect the battery ground cable.
(3) Disconnect the electrical wiring connector from the engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor.
(4) Remove the retaining clip and the ECT sensor.
Fig. 1 Escort ZX2 ECT sensor - The retaining clip is removed (at the solid arrow). Withdraw ECT sensor by gently wiggling/pulling in the direction of the dashed arrow.
Coat the ECT sensor O-ring with clean coolant prior to installation.
(1) Replace the retaining clip and the ECT sensor.
(2) Connect the electrical wiring connector from the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor.
(3) Connect the battery ground cable.
(4) Refill the engine cooling system. An inexpensive plastic "Radiator Funnel" will help with this task.
Posted on Dec 05, 2011
There is no oil temp sensor that I know of, there is an oil pressure switch right above the oil filter. Let me know if that helps.
Posted on Mar 06, 2013
Intake Air Temperature Sensor
Ford Escape 2005-2008
The Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor is incorporated in the Mass Air Flow assembly. Refer to the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor.Here's a link to the mass air flow sensor.
GET 35 GIFT CARD FOR EVERY 100 SPENT ON ONLINE SHIP TO HOME ORDERS
Posted on Jul 22, 2015
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 19, 2016 | Ford Escape Cars & Trucks
Apr 02, 2016 | 2003 Ford Ranger
Jan 25, 2016 | 2008 Chevrolet Chevrolet HHR LT
Jul 21, 2015 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Mar 18, 2015 | 2008 Ford Fusion SEL
Sep 25, 2014 | Ford Taurus Cars & Trucks
Dec 05, 2011 | 2000 Ford Escort
Apr 07, 2011 | 2002 Ford F150 Regular Cab
Feb 01, 2010 | 2008 Ford Mustang
Nov 03, 2009 | 1994 Ford F150 Styleside Supercab
13 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!