Question about 2004 Mercury Sable
My extra key will not start my car. How much to get key re-programed
Have a 2004 mecury sable having problems starting the car I have to turn the key off and on a few times before the car starts
Posted on Sep 15, 2009
How many PATS keys do you have?
If you have two that work you can program the third yourself by following the owners manual.
Or follow this link.
Posted on Aug 01, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: lost working key
On 2002 model try the following:
1. Close all vehicle doors.
2. Insert the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-continue to hold
down until instructed to release in step 9.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock
the doors automatically.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until
the door locks and unlocks.
This step may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional transmitter (including any existing
12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming
Posted on Jul 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 07, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 12, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 07, 2014 | 2011 Dodge Durango Crew
Dec 17, 2012 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
Sep 02, 2012 | 2008 Dodge Charger
Mar 05, 2011 | 1998 Honda Accord
Jul 27, 2009 | 2000 Volkswagen Beetle
Jul 04, 2009 | 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe
157 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!