Question about 2002 Dodge Stratus
Does anyone kow how to change the power steering belt on a 2002 dodge stratus?
Did this on my 2002 Stratus 2.4L. I agree with other poster, you do have to remove the passenger tire and wheel wall to do it, but the tensioner travels clockwise.
Note: I offer this solely as a description of how I accomplished the task on my vehicle. It should not be taken as me advising anyone else in any way on how or whether they manage to repair their own vehicles.
1) Engaged parking brake, loosened lugs on passenger front tire.
2) Jacked-up and placed jack-stand.
3) Removed piece of black under-carriage which surrounds the oil filter and attaches to front bumper. There are at least 10 plastic push-pins to remove and I managed to destroy half of them in the process.
4) Positoned belt over lower pulleys and tensioner (as best as possible) then used a bungee to hold the top end of belt up while I worked under the car.
5) Used a 3/8 ratchet and inserted into square hole attached to the tensioner, disengaged the tensioner (moves clockwise) then used a brace to keep the ratchet handle in that position.
6) From top, removed bungee and finished placing belt over alternator, checked the position of entire belt, reengaged the tensioner, and replaced wall and wheel.
Posted on Sep 01, 2009
There is usually a belt tensioner that can be slackened using a 3/8" drive ratchet, with quite a bit of force, usually anticlockwise but you'll have to figure that out. Once you get the belt slackened unhook off the alternator pully. Same procedure to put it on, an extra set of hands is always helpful.
Posted on Aug 08, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 26, 2014 | 2002 Nissan Altima
Mar 01, 2013 | 2001 Dodge Stratus
Dec 12, 2011 | 2002 Dodge Stratus
Jun 18, 2010 | 2000 Dodge Stratus
May 20, 2010 | 1996 Dodge Stratus
Dec 12, 2009 | Dodge Stratus Cars & Trucks
Sep 13, 2009 | 2002 Dodge Stratus
Sep 26, 2008 | 2002 Dodge Intrepid
Aug 29, 2008 | Dodge Durango Cars & Trucks
2,581 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: