REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Cherokee, Wagoneer and Comanche Models
Fig. 1: Remove the top corner headlight bezel mounting screw
Fig. 2: To access the turn signal bulb or headlight bezel mounting screws, remove the 2 turn signal housing retaining screws
Fig. 3: After removing the turn signal housing from the headlight bezel, remove the 2 bezel mounting screws . . .
Fig. 4: . . . then carefully pull the headlight bezel away from the headlight assembly
Fig. 5: Remove the 4 headlight assembly retaining ring screws . . .
Fig. 6: . . . then pull the retaining ring off of the headlight assembly
Fig. 7: Pull the headlight assembly away from the vehicle just far enough to disengage the electrical connector from behind the headlight
Grand Cherokee and Grand Wagoneer Models
- Remove the headlamp bezel and retaining ring attaching screws. Remove the bezel and retaining ring.
- Pull the headlight out, disconnect the wire harness and remove the headlight from the vehicle.
- Install the headlight in the reverse order of removal.
- Open the hood, reach into the engine compartment and locate the lock ring supporting the bulb assembly.
- Rotate the lock ring 1?8 turn counterclockwise and pull the bulb straight out from the housing.
- Install a new bulb and position the bulb assembly in the lamp housing.
- Rotate the lock ring 1?8 turn clockwise to secure.
The Grand Cherokee will have an assembly that is fastened with bolts and screws to the body.
Get the new assembly and compare to the old one to see where to unfasten the bolts and other fasteners to aid in removing quickly.