NO CRANK. 96 USA car,(are my answers) check all fuses 1st !
C1 and FL1 and FL3 fuses good?
4wd ? or 2wd. auto or stick shift?
which engine? size? and cyl count....??????? 2.6 or 3.2liters?
wiring varies by engine type, so i guess more....
Does it crank ok with jumper cables (?) to a running donor car?
can be lots of things, gee the IMMO light in the dash is clear.
is it glowing? (the operators guide covers that.)
is this a USA car or Canada? some are different.
got a voltmeter even a $10 walfart meter works perfect.
or do you want to gue$$ and go broke fast. its your cash but/?.......
3.2 v6 shows no IMMO pins on the PCM...... so...?? in 1996
- battery dead, or discharges or terminals at 4 ends bad on cables.
- Fuses good.?
- turn key does CEL lamp glow?(cluster) if not , its not going to start with a dead ECU.
- no is the IMMO lamp glowing.
- key to start, (crank pos) silent.? now shift to Neutral like the the operators guide shows, cranks now? (a/t trans and no trans stated, so.... i guess away at what is there......
- does the starter relay close cranking, if not, work back from that and dont blame the starter, motor. fuse C1 runs this relay. is C1 good. or FL1 or FL2 fuse blows,
- ill now show the schematic (wild guessing engine and transmission..!!!)
this is the cranking path, (good starter and battery and cables)
the top of the drawing is the main power 12v feed from FL1 and FL2 fuses. (mains)
then you turn the switch to start
and 12v goes to fuse C1. got that?
then to the a/t box PRNDL switch. and in park or neutral
the 12vcc passes (10 to 12.6) cranking, or more if starter dead.
goes to the starer relay. the relay closes. does it?
if not it will never ever crank the starter.
if you have manual trans, the part in ? below is a clutch switch (pedaL )
NO ANTIHEIFT OPTION.
the bottom of the coil in starter relay is grounded. full time.
if you have antitheft option the Antitheift module makes up that ground. if happy.
so if the pin 5 on relay is 12vdc(dead relay) then the IMMO is unhappy. good luck fixing that.....
if IMMO not happy,
we then try both keys, lost your spare?
one voltmeter and 15min work , or 10 less if IMMO lamp glows or flashes.
my post assumes, all things can fail, lacking, good input on dash lamps....