Question about 2000 Ford Taurus
2002 Ford taurus heater blows cold air !
Posted on Oct 16, 2009
Perform the following basic Checks and Information
1. Check Drive Belts,If belt is intact proceed to the next step.
2. Check for Compressor Clutch Engagement - Turn the air conditioner to the "on" position and set controls to the coldest setting. Start the engine and allow to idle. Then open the hood and inspect the clutch at the front of the compressor, is it turning? "Engaged" if so, the system has enough refrigerant to activate. If the system is low on refrigerant it will not work properly. In this case an air conditioner recharge kit is needed to recharge the system. If the compressor clutch is not turning proceed to next step.
3. Inspect for Refrigerant Leaks
4. Check under dash panel and under hood power distribution center
5. Check Temperature Control Vents - The vents inside your car are controlled by a cable, electrical servo or vacuum servo. If the vent door is not functioning properly it will cause warm air from the heater to exit the vents. To check this start the car and allow the engine idle, next turn the blower motor speed on low, switch the temperature control from warm to cold while your ear is close to the vents. You should hear the door move inside the heater box as it swings from open to close. If not, inspect for a vacuum leak or a shorted motor in the servo, repair the leak or replace the servo motor.
Posted on Jul 31, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 06, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 07, 2011 | 1999 Ford Super Duty F 450
May 02, 2011 | Ford Taurus Cars & Trucks
Sep 04, 2010 | 1991 Buick Riviera
Jul 28, 2010 | Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Cars & Trucks
Jul 24, 2010 | 1999 Chevrolet Venture
Mar 22, 2010 | 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jul 31, 2009 | 2000 Ford Taurus
Jul 29, 2009 | 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
604 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: