Question about Mazda MX-3
Need instructions to replace water pump on 2000 Mazda Precidia
1. Depressurize and drain the cooling system.
2. Loosen the alterantor adjustment and remove the belt.
3. Remove the water pump pulley.
4. Remove all the timing belt covers.
5. Loosen the timing (camshaft) belt tensioner and slip the timing belt off the camshaft toothed pulley (ensure you do not move the positon of the camshaft)
6. Unbolt the lower radiator hose fitting and heater retrun pipe.
7. Unbolt the waterpump from the block (5 bolts).
8. Remove all traces of the old gasket before mounting the new pump (Permatex spray on gasket remover works well).
9. Install the new pump and reassemble in reverse order to above.
Posted on Jul 31, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 11, 2015 | 2000 Mazda Millenia
Nov 07, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
May 03, 2010 | 2000 Mazda Protege
Sep 11, 2009 | 1991 Mazda Protege
Aug 18, 2009 | 1995 Mazda MX-3
Aug 11, 2009 | 1993 Mazda Protege
Apr 16, 2009 | 1992 Mazda MX-3
Apr 08, 2009 | 1992 Mazda MX-3
424 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: