Question about Cars & Trucks
Trying to program key fob and it says remove BBM fuse first . Can not find it .
Just to add, try the tbc fuse.
Posted on Mar 09, 2018
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
To program a remote... note that you must not delay more than 10 seconds between any of the operations.
Driver's door open, all other doors closed, key removed from the ignition switch.
Insert key into ignitions switch, then remove it.
Press LOCK then UNLOCK on the vehicle door lock control switch at 1 second intervals 5 times.
close and re-open drivers door.
Press LOCK and UNLOCK on the vehicle door lock control switch at 1 second intervals 5 times
Insert Key into ignition switch.
Switch ignition ON and OFF once to program a remote transmitter code while retaining the original codes or twice to program a remote transmitter code while erasing the original codes. three times to check how many remote transmitters are currently registered, or 5 times to erase all registered codes.
Remove Key from ignition switch.
System should now lock and unlock vehicle. Once, twice or five times depending which mode has been selected. It will lock and unlock one to four times slowly, to indicate the number of remote transmitters registered if you chose option 3.
Press and hold remote transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons at the same time.
Press LOCK remote button for 1 second: System should now lock and unlock vehicle once to confirm, twice to indicate registration has failed.
NOTE: to exit programming mode, close drivers door or insert key in the ignition.
NOTE: a maximum of 4 remote transmitters can be programmed
Posted on Oct 13, 2008
SOURCE: Code to program my key fob
Here are the program instructions
1. Close the vehicle doors.
2. Turn OFF the ignition.
3. Remove the key from the ignition.
4. Press and hold the driver side door lock switch in the UNLOCK position.
5. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
6. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
7. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.) Leave the ignition key in the ignition lock cylinder.
8. Release the door lock switch. The vehicle will sound three beeps in order to verify the Program Mode has been activated.
9. Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the keyless entry transmitter and hold until the vehicle beeps twice to verify that the transmitter has been successfully programmed (this take approximately 15 seconds).
10. Perform the previous step to program up to four transmitters (including your old ones).
11. Remove the ignition key in order to exit the Program Mode
Posted on Dec 04, 2008
Transmitter Programming Procedure
Close all the vehicle doors.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
Press and hold the door unlock switch.
While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on the transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of the transmitter.
Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter mode.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
1. Close and lock all doors with the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch.
2. Insert key into ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least six times within 10 seconds. Your Hazard
Lamps will flash if you have performed this step successfully. NOTE: Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder
each time. If this procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter programming mode.
3. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ACC position.
4. Within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the remote transmitter. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. NOTE: Do not press
the button more than one time in the above step. If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming
procedure will not be successful.
5. If there are any remaining transmitters (including the old ones), unlock then lock all doors using the driver’s side
power lock/unlock switch and within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the next remote. Your Hazard Lamps should
flash. Repeat this step for each transmitter (including any existing transmitters).
6. Turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and open the driver side door.
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 08, 2018 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 29, 2018 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Dec 06, 2016 | Saturn Cars & Trucks
Apr 22, 2016 | Oldsmobile Cars & Trucks
Mar 17, 2016 | 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Chime 1, 2, or 3 times.
Jun 12, 2015 | 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix
Feb 02, 2015 | Chevrolet Cars & Trucks
Aug 09, 2017 | 2005 Chevrolet Colorado
Jul 20, 2017 | 2005 GMC Yukon
Mar 17, 2009 | 2006 Pontiac Montana SV6
872 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!