Question about 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

Arm Rest on drivers side ''99'' Cherokee

Hope you can help.
The armrest on my 1999 Cherokee has cracked and I was wondering if the whole door panel has to come off to replace it or is this part of the door panel itself? This is on the driver's side.
Thank you, Gary

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 1,986 Answers

You'll need to remove screws that are by the door handle, arm rest, under door and side of door and then gently pull back on the panel as there will also be retaining clips attached and you don't want to break them. then you can pop the armrest out the back fo the panel

Posted on Aug 14, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Remove center armrest hhr

Hi Konakalela, I'm Al the owner of Big As Auto Repair
Most arm rest have a round trim cover on the side of the seat that's removable. Simple remove that cover and there is a bolt behind it that holds the arm rest remove it counter-clock-wise and pull the arm rest straight outward. For further assistance go to my website. Have an awesome day Konakalela.
Auto Repair

Dec 21, 2014 | Seat Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

How do replace Honda Accord Armrest Vinyl Front Door Panels Armrest Covers

See the crack, the arrm rest is in 2 pieces remove the side it is snap ,there is 2 or 3 screws inside

Apr 22, 2014 | 1999 Honda Accord

1 Answer

Where to buy driver side door armrest parts

Hi Denise, I'm glad to help!

If the dealer doesn't carry them anymore then you'll need to contact some junk yards. Hope this helps and have an awesome day Denise.

Apr 16, 2013 | 2006 GMC Envoy

1 Answer

Removing arm rest on driver seat

using a flat blade tool like a small flat blade screwdriver, release retaining clip on arm rest and pull armrest from seat. slip the screwdriver between seat back and armrest and pry up on the retaining clip.

Dec 31, 2010 | 2001 GMC Yukon XL

1 Answer

07 Ford Focus Arm Rest replace..... has been broken for a while from leaning on it....Did not know the round caps were actually "removeable" even tho there pretty fragile......My problem is the "swivel...

Been there done that. At the back of the armrest there is a little plastic panel. Remove that and you will find 2 screws. Remove those and the whole assembly comes out.

May 20, 2017 | Ford Focus Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

The arm rest does not move to a parallel position

Un zip the cover on the armrest and pull it up to expose the bolt hole. unbolt and remove the arm rest and see what parts are damaged, sometimes it can just be tightened.

Feb 12, 2010 | 1990 Ford Bronco

1 Answer

How do you remove the armrest on the front seats?

The armrests have covers that can be removed. Locate the zipper on the arm rest. Once you unzip it pull it toward the back of the arm rest and this will expose the one bolt that hold the armrest on. You will need a large torx and rachet to get it off. Once you take out that bolt the armrest will come right off.

Feb 02, 2010 | 1995 Ford Bronco

1 Answer

I have the panel loose but cannot not take apart

usually there is some sort of plug youll have to pop out with a flat head screwdriver then more than likely a large phillips screwdriver to take out the screws which are in deep,hope this helps but cant really picture an armrest in back of mazda

Oct 20, 2009 | Mazda 323 Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

The driver side window has seem to come off the track.i see clips holding the sides together, but i can't get the armrest to separate from the door.

There are a few screws that you have probaby missed inside the arm rest, underneath and on the end of the arm are lights he screws can only be accessed after you remome these light assemblies in the arm rest carfully pry the lamp assembly loose using a small screw driver or similiary tool and then you can reach the screws and remove the arm rest

Apr 30, 2009 | 1991 Cadillac DeVille

1 Answer

Door panel

Ahh, I'm in UK too.

Most interior panels are held on with screws at the armrests, any fittings points (handles,buttons, speakers etc.) and the rest of it is held in with plastic panel clips.

The best way to diy remove these is to use two steel rulers - one either side of the clips, and lever them off one by one.
Expect a few to break - they are replacable items.
Once inside, make sure you replace any plastic membrane, as this stops wind, and prevents corrosion in winter.

Any other problems just ask.

If this helps, please rate as fixya!

Jun 16, 2008 | 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Not finding what you are looking for?
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Logo

585 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Jeep Experts


Level 3 Expert

76649 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22219 Answers

Kevin Daniels

Level 3 Expert

1455 Answers

Are you a Jeep Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides