Question about Cars & Trucks
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1. Turn ignition switch to off position and leave the key in the switch.
2. Disconnect the battery.
3. Take a small diameter. paper clip and insert it into the small hole in the face of the ignition switch. You will feel a small button that you depress.
4. While depressing the button, turn the key to the accessory position (counter clockwise) and using the key remove the cylinder.
5. You can now remove the bezel by unscrewing it CCW.
6. This will allow you to remove the ignition switch from the dash and disconnect the wire harness plug from the rear of the switch.
7. They don't always come apart easily , and may require some Jiggling of the key and the wire.
Posted on Jul 27, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 03, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 28, 2017 | Peugeot Cars & Trucks
Oct 07, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 24, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 28, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 18, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 14, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 09, 2010 | 1986 Chevrolet Chevy
Oct 09, 2009 | 1987 Chevrolet R30
Feb 25, 2018 | Dodge Cars & Trucks
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!