Question about 2001 Ford Focus
I have a 2002 Ford Focus and I need to replace the alternator. Can somebody help? I need a diagram, or step by step instructions, pictures always help. I can read and follow directions well but I am not mechanically inclined....
I just did this for a friend this morning. Sounds scary bot it is easy.
1) remove P.S. fluid filler and pin it aside
2) remove radiator overflow canister and pin it aside
3) unplug wiring harnesses right over the alternator (back right of the engine compartment)
4) The scary part - remove the 3 engine mount bolts on that sode of the car
5) from the transmission jack up the engine just enough to tilt it forward slightly
6) it takes 2, tilt the engine forward and lift out the alt - you should have removed the belt at this time.,
7) take the sole (red) wire off of the alt.
8) finish in reverse order
Posted on Aug 29, 2009
Its not that hard to install but you need the right tools you should get a chilton manual for you car in particular and you'll find a step by step I recommend this because you can read and learn at the same time you work on your car try it you may enjoy working on your car GOOD LUCK
Posted on Jul 26, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 27, 2015 | 2002 Ford Focus
Jul 30, 2014 | 2002 Ford Focus
Aug 26, 2012 | 2002 Ford Focus
Jun 28, 2010 | 2002 Ford SVT Focus
Mar 23, 2010 | 2002 Ford SVT Focus
Mar 07, 2010 | 2006 Ford Focus
Jun 27, 2009 | 2002 Ford SVT Focus
Aug 24, 2008 | 2000 Ford Focus
2,291 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: