Question about 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
Posted by Anonymous on
Doesn't have one ! The electronic brake control module turns it on an off when there is a problem ! Your light on ? DTC'S - diagnostic trouble codes stored .
The IPC illuminates the traction off indicator when the following occurs:
• The electronic brake control module (EBCM) inhibits the traction control system. The IPC receives a class 2 message from the EBCM requesting illumination. The traction control system is disabled when the following occurs:
- For Chevrolet only, the shift lever is in FIRST (1) or SECOND (2) gear. The EBCM receives a class 2 message from the powertrain control module (PCM) indicating the gear position.
- For Pontiac and Oldsmobile only, the body control module (BCM) detects that the traction control switch is pressed (signal circuit is low). The EBCM receives a class 2 message from the BCM indicating the switch status.
- The BCM detects that the park brake is engaged (signal circuit is low) and that the engine is on. The EBCM receives a class 2 message from the BCM indicating the park brake status.
- The PCM detects certain malfunctions and is unable to perform torque reduction requests from the EBCM. The EBCM receives a class 2 message from the PCM indicating that traction control cannot be performed.
• The EBCM detects a malfunction in the traction control system. The IPC receives class 2 messages from the EBCM requesting illumination of both the service vehicle soon and traction off indicators.
• The IPC performs the displays test at the start of each ignition cycle. The indicator illuminates for approximately 3 seconds.
Posted on May 19, 2017
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2016 | 2001 Buick LeSabre
Mar 26, 2015 | 1991 Chevrolet Cavalier
Nov 03, 2010 | 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
Oct 16, 2010 | 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
Feb 14, 2010 | 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier
Nov 20, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
Aug 29, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier
Apr 13, 2009 | 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
Jan 04, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: