Question about Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

What is the piece for that fits on a pipe and has a channel that is at right angle to the tube. Please help

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has achieved Level 3.

  • Cars & Trucks Master
  • 586 Answers

That piece is called an "elbow" for obvious reasons.

Posted on May 08, 2017


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

How to remove broken dipstick from pipe

remove the dipstick tube from the block/sump
they are either held in by a clamp and retaining bolt or are a tap in interference fit
use something like a pair of vice grips and tap out with a hammer

Aug 04, 2016 | 2006 Renault Modus 1.4

1 Answer


Hi Mark, you have a job on there, the crank shaft bolt on the Kia is a devil to remove it's torqued up to around 300 nm, its clockwise to tighten and anti clock wise to loosen, I had to make a special tool to fit into the actual pulley to lock it in position to stop it moving whilst trying to undo the crank shaft bolt I made this out of a steam pipe socket and weld a piece of hollow section tube and a certain angle on it so it would lock up under the air condition pump, even with this on and a very long scaffold tube on for more power I was struggling I even asked my son to help even with both of us, and we are big guys it only just moved a very small amount at a time but did mage to undo it eventually. these bolts are tightened at the factory with a large impact gun that's wye they are difficult to remove, a garage might be able to just crack it for you for a few quid it's worth a try.
Good Luck to you.

Jan 24, 2014 | 2003 Kia Sedona

1 Answer

05 taurus orifice tube location

  • To replace the orifice tube ---
  1. Remove the washer and overflow bottle. The high side service port is on a pipe about eight inches long to make it easier for service. The fitting and orifice tube are near this pipe. The fitting is covered with a protective rubber cover that makes it hard to see the fitting.
  2. Push the cover back.
  3. Disconnect the fitting.
  4. Replace the orifice tube.
  5. Lubricate the new o-ring and torque the fitting to 18 foot pounds.
  • Ford says to use a special too to get the orifice tube out of the hose. I find needle nose pliers gets the job done real well unless it is really stuck then use the tool.

  • If you have any comments please feel free to leave them here.
  • Hope this helps and thank you for using FixYa.

Regards, Tony

Oct 05, 2011 | 2005 Ford Taurus

1 Answer

Can u please tell me where the pcv valve go

It`s very easy, follow the air filter / air inlet pipe (black,rubber about 4`` wide on the driver`s side) it goes to the throtlle body housing where your gas cable and cruise control is located. From this black inlet pipe you will see another black plastic tube that goes directly on top of the front valve-cover gasket (front of engine) Pull this tube which is angled and you will have your pcv valve plugged into this plastic tube. Purchase the pcv valve first so you can see the size and diameter of where this tube actually will fit.
good-luck, if you cannot locate the pcv valve then I suggest to wait for your next oil change where you can ask your repair shop for the location of the pcv, and or they can replace it. Usually there`s no charge for labour it`s very easy on this engine..

Mar 12, 2011 | 1999 Chevrolet Venture

1 Answer

I need to fit my dump valve to my audi a6 20v but my dump valve has 2 tubes at the bottom and a nipple at the top can you please help

The 2 tubes at the bottom are to be connected to your inlet pipe as close as possible to your manifold.The nipple at the top ,needs to be connected to your cars vacuum pipe system.

Feb 18, 2011 | Audi A6 Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

2003 Nissan Murano SL AWD-engine light is on...had diagnosic test completed and they say I need Oz Sensor. How or where is I get the part number for this?

hi karen,to locate the o2 (lambda probe)sensor, locate the exhaust manifold (its HOT)and follow the pipe down to the first box,(cat).you will find a 2" small "pipe" at right angles to the exhaust pipe with a wire (or 2) emanating from the top.this IS the o2 sensor.(sometimes fitted onto the front of the cat.depending on market(im in England) you only need to remove this sensor and replace it with a new one.(you can do this yourself,its easy.)

Nov 09, 2010 | 2003 Nissan Murano

1 Answer

Where is the low pressure A/C port on an '04 Xtype

The large port is on the front and smaller of the 2 pipes you see
looking at the bulkhead.

The smaller port is about 6'' to the right on the end of a right
angles small tube coming from the rear larger tube,
probably hidden by a cable harness.

Mar 25, 2010 | 2004 Jaguar X-Type

1 Answer

1994 dodge ram 1500 water pump. metal tube on top right (looking head on at front of enging) this pipe is leaking where it goes into the pump. is this a screw (treaded) tube or something else?

It could be either threaded or press fit depending on who made the pump for Dodge. Drain the system and attempt to remove the pipe by turning it CCW. If it is a press fit, it shouldn't turn at all and you may need to replace the entire pump for repair. If it turns, pull it out and line the threads with several turns of teflon tape wound in a CW directon (looking at the thread end). Make sure the casting is not cracked at the hole where the pipe fits.

Aug 25, 2009 | 1999 Dodge Ram

1 Answer

Leaking gas

Some tanks have a fitting(s) molded into the tank, and filler attaches with a short piece of hose & clamps, others have a seal that filler pipe slides into for a tight fit. If it's the seal type & you can't pinpoint where leak is, you may have to pull filler out. Usually screws behind gas tank filler door, and out it comes but take a close look for anything else that may be holding it. You may have to twist & wiggle a bit but it should come. Inspect seal & tubes for nicks etc. If you have to re-use old seal, clean good, lube it & lube filler pipe before inserting back in to eliminate more nicks, and helps go in easier.Twist slightly going in too, makes it easier & helps reduce seal damage.

Dec 29, 2008 | 2002 Ford Mustang

2 Answers

I want to replace the orifice tube on my 1995 Buick Century

look near your battery and you will see two ac lines. one ac line has a sort of bulge then goe to smaller size. this is where your orifice tube is located

Nov 21, 2008 | 2002 Buick Century

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

21 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Cars & Trucks Experts


Level 3 Expert

77499 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22306 Answers

Thomas Perkins
Thomas Perkins

Level 3 Expert

14398 Answers

Are you a Car and Truck Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides