Question about 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
There are only 2 things you can try to fix this yourself: turn off the engine and open the driver side door (to turn the radio off). Wait 5 minutes, start your car.
If that does not solve it, turn off your engine, disconnect the car battery, wait about 5 minutes. Reconnect the battery (negative pole first - black connector) and try your radio again.
If neither one of these two fix your problem, I am afraid only a GM service center or dealership can fix the problem. The Cobalt is notorious for all kinds of electrical issues.
Thanks for using the fixya forums!
Posted on Mar 28, 2009
Hiya...the cabin air filter is located below the front passenger/windshield area.
It's only accessible by standing outside the Equinox with the hood open.
Here's how to do it...(before you pop open the hood)
1) Stand outside at the front-right door area.
2) Just below the front windshield area, pull up a few small black plastic clips that's on the black windshield wiper cowl area- a small flat screwdriver or a special clip-remover tool is handy.
3) Raise the hood up.
4) There may be a triangular-shaped hard foam sound damper at the left side nearby the hood hinge...pull it off if it allow you to work around it with ease.
5) Continue to find a few black plastic clips around the black windshield wiper cowl area.
6) Gently pull up the black windshield wiper cowl cover with care not to bend it too hard during removal.
7) You should see the cabin air filter inside that's held in place by a black rectangular box inside.
8) There's 2 black tabs that holds the cabin air filter in place.
9) Insert your finger or tool to pry the cabin air filter away from the tabs.
10) Remove old cabin air filter.
Remember to reinstall the clip parts back into place when you're finished.
Posted on Apr 05, 2009
• A module which communicates on the class 2 serial data circuit which supplies VIN information to the radio is replaced and not properly setup with the correct VIN information for that vehicle. The only way to unlock the radio is by using a scan tool.
Posted on May 15, 2009
SOURCE: 2005 Chevy Equinox, LT
at 60k, if it aint been done,do the lot.....filters oils.....antifreeze.....belts.....timing belt. then you have another 60k before you have another big bill.....
Posted on Jul 09, 2010
Testimonial: "Thanks for the help. I didn't realize that it would need a timing belt so soon."
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 20, 2017 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Oct 19, 2014 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT
Jul 08, 2012 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Jun 22, 2011 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Aug 23, 2010 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Mar 23, 2010 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Feb 21, 2010 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Aug 03, 2009 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Nov 29, 2008 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
May 07, 2018 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
125 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!