How to install a front bumper for a 1996 Honda accord sedan
Installation of a front bumper can be
complicated. These helpful instructions may help a person with this
task. If you choose to install a bumper yourself, please be cautioned
that professional installation is always recommended. Please confirm
before you start that your safety equipment has been applied to you,
your car and your new bumper. These 10 easy steps can make a difficult
install relatively easy.
The following steps are detailed instructions that you can follow. It
is very important that you make sure to read each step carefully and
1. Look closely at the new bumper and your car for screws, bolts and
clips. Remove these pieces from your existing front bumper and place
them in a safe area. Follow this by the full removal of the cars current
2. Next, test the fit of the new front bumper. Make sure that nothing
hinders with the placement and fit on the car.
3. If the fitment is correct the installation process may move
4. If the fitment is incorrect then the removal or repositioning of
certain components, such as reinforcement bars may be required. This is
because every car is different. If this is the case remove the element
and test fit the front bumper again. This should be done with caution
and is done at the installers own risk.
5. Most of the time the new aftermarket bumper is placed the exact
way the factory piece was. The most important key to great fitment in
installation is the drilling procedure. The holes should be drilled in
the places that will give the piece a great fit. Usually, these holes
will be drilled in the same place as the factory bumper. At this point
only mocking is required.
6. When the bumper is in place, shaving or filing maybe required.
Many parts will require this because certain areas are made with more
material to lower the risk of damage. Also, if a car has been in an
accident or previously modified, this may cause additional sanding,
cutting or filing.
7. Now that the front fits well, be very precise and drill the holes.
8. Prepping for paint is what needs to be done after the holes have
been drilled. Depending on what material the front bumper is made of
will determine the steps for prepping.
9. After the piece has been painted, clear coating may be
10. Make sure there are not any leftover parts and that everything is
secure. After this is done, your front bumper installation
process is complete.
Jun 02, 2010 |
1996 Honda Accord