Question about Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I need to order 2 bushes for my generator but I don't know how to find the part number

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has achieved Level 3.

  • Cars & Trucks Master
  • 716 Answers

Is there a dealer network for your generator brand?
Otherwise take the brushes to a small engine repair shop or a electrical generator repair shop and they will match them up.
At best they can find a set that are close and yours and may be able to grind them down to fit your machine,if yours are now obsolete?

Posted on May 01, 2017


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How to replace rear sway bar links and bushing on Dodge Durango 07


Replacing the sway bar bushings and links is not that difficult. They can be ordered from any auto-parts store, Amazon or eBay. However, you will need to know your rear sway bar diameter before ordering parts. The only way to know this is to measure the rear sway bar diameter. If you're real lucky, the rear bar may have an existing part number tag, but I wouldn't count on it.

Replacement procedure can be found on youtube or similar with a Google search.
Best regards,


Feb 17, 2018 | Dodge Durango Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

How does my radiator support install?

There should be a folded seam where the side tanks are soldered on. On the bottom of the radiator this folded lip (one at either end) fits snugly into rubber bushings that should be mounted on a cross member (radiator support), these should already be in place. Once you set the radiator in place there is a tin plate that goes across the top of the radiator. There should be 2 more rubber bushings that fit snugly on top of the folded lip discussed earlier. If memory serves you should have 4 bolts to fasten the top plate in place.

Jun 17, 2014 | 1982 Chevrolet El Camino

1 Answer

I have a 1990 jeep cherokee and i need to know where the plugs go i found the firing order online but i don't know which numbers go to which plugs.

If it is a v 6 ....the driver side ft.order is ft. to back is 1 3 5 and the passenger side ft. to back is 2 4 6 If it is in line 6 cyl. it should be 1 3 5 2 4 6 ......metalpoet

May 30, 2011 | 1990 Jeep Cherokee Limited

1 Answer

I need to replace the rear axle pivot bushings in my '99 VW Jetta. I'm told there are about three different ones used. How do I know which one to use? I sure could use a schematic. I haven't...

Don't know the answers --- BUT

Wouldn't a dealers parts counter be
able to provide you the correct bushings

Worst case -- you take it apart & take the
old part with you & order new ones

May 26, 2011 | Volkswagen Jetta Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

I need to know the firing order for a 1974 vw thing

Firing order is 1-4-3-2 ...


Hope this heslp (remember to rate this answer).

Apr 05, 2011 | Volkswagen Microbus Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I need to know what the firing order is for a 2001 gmc 5.3 engine

It should be a Generation III engine, and if so, the firing order is 1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3. The cylinders are numbered as follows: Driver's side of vehicle, front to back are 1-3-5-7. Passenger side bank, front to rear are 2-4-6-8. Hope that helps.

Oct 27, 2010 | GMC Yukon Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Firing order. took the spark plug cables off and don`t know where they go back

First,look at the coils see if the towers are numbered.Each coil fires 2 cylinders!
look on intake manifold for fireing order display! The v6 engine fires from one bank across to the other in a straight line example,cylinders 1&2 3&4 and 5&6 at the rear of the engine or farthest right side. 1&2 left side faceing engine 3&4 in the middle. All you need to do is find cylinder # 1 hook up the # 1 wire to the # 1 coil tower to the # 1 plug or cylinder,follow the fireing order 123456,its simple if you cant see coil tower numbers look at another car with same engine that has distributor less ignition.The coil pack for the 4 cylinder gm has plug wire terminals or towers numbered as well.Only in a harder place to see like behind and underneath!

Sep 08, 2010 | Buick Skylark Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Clunkinng up in the front end when i go over bumps

worn out suspension bushings, bad shocks, loose skid plates, hitting travel stops, its could be a number of things. kinda hard to narrow down when your just talking about a sound that is being generated from one end of the vehicle. simplest this is to just drive it up on a set of front and rear ramps (you can get these at walmart), take a rubber hammer, and gently tap around on things that you know should be tight, id start with the skid plate if it has one, the bushings in those dry rot all at the time. hope this helps

Aug 07, 2010 | 1996 Chevrolet Tahoe

1 Answer

There are 2 different sizes of bushings for this particular year 1968, need to know when they switched from the 1 7/8 to the 1 1/2 diameter bushing? is it by vin # or production date?

Changes are almost always done by production date.Sometimes it is expressed as a date and sometimes they use a serial number or VIN number.The production date is your safest bet.

Jul 19, 2009 | Cadillac DeVille Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Attach hood prop rod 2001 Ford Focus

First you will need to get a hood prop bushing from pobably your Ford dealer or you can get one from a salvage yard. You may also need a hood rod attchment. In order to attach your hood rod on. In order to allow your hood to close without the rod interfering with the closing of your hood.This can either be obtained at your dealer or salvage yard. Then you will need a 4or 5 foot poll in order to prop your hood.So that you can place the bushing in and also hood attachment bushing.Both bushings snap right in. You will need to take your hood rod and place it in the hole of the bushing the hood rod should have a short bend at the bottom of it.Like an L or 7 the L shape should seat it self into the bushing.In order to erect the rod to hold the hood up.Or in order to attach it on the hood attachment.Before closing the hood. The hood rod bushing for extending your hood rod.In order to hold your hood up.Goes in the side of the inside frame of the body to the rear of the passenger side of the car again it just snaps in. And the hood rod attachment goes towards the front of the passenger side and it also snaps in.It's located horizontal of the headlight.The hood rod bushing is a 2 sided little round shaped plastic bushing just big enough for your hood rod to fit through.And it is usually white. And your hood rod attachmewnt is usually black.

Jul 31, 2008 | 2001 Ford Focus

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

18 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Cars & Trucks Experts


Level 3 Expert

78010 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22306 Answers

Thomas Perkins
Thomas Perkins

Level 3 Expert

14405 Answers

Are you a Car and Truck Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides