Question about Jeep Cars & Trucks
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Straight out of the repair manual:
WARNING: DISCONNECT NEGATIVE CABLE FROM BATTERY BEFORE REMOVING BATTERY OUTPUT WIRE (B+ WIRE) FROM GENERATOR. FAILURE TO DO SO CAN RESULT IN INJURY OR DAMAGE TO
(1) Disconnect negative battery cable at battery.
(2) Remove generator drive belt. Refer to 7, Cooling System for procedure.
(3) Remove generator pivot and mounting bolts/nut (Fig. 2) , or (Fig. 3). Position generator for access to wire connectors.
(4) If equipped, unsnap plastic cover from B+ terminal.
(5) Remove B+ cable output terminal mounting
nut at rear of generator (Fig. 4), (Fig. 5), or (Fig. 6). Disconnect terminal from generator.
(6) Disconnect field wire connector at rear of generator by pushing on connector tab.
(7) Remove generator from vehicle.
(1) Position generator to engine and snap field
wire connector into rear of generator.
(2) Install B+ terminal to generator mounting
stud. Tighten mounting nut. Refer to Torque Specifications.
(3) If equipped, snap plastic cover to B+ terminal.
(4) Install generator mounting fasteners and
tighten. Refer to Torque Specifications.
CAUTION: Never force a belt over a pulley rim using a screwdriver. The synthetic fiber of the belt can be damaged.
Posted on Jul 07, 2009
It's done from behind the vehicle.
Open the gate. At the base of the seat, there is a horizontal bar that releases the rear seat latches. Pull it up while pushing the seat forward.
When it's at an angle you can manage, Pull it up and out the tailgate. Not a bolt in site
Posted on Sep 19, 2009
Nuetral safty switch, Starter solenoid.
Do you have antitheft?
The ground for the starter relay may be computer controlled. Lee
Posted on Oct 04, 2009
check the vacuum line on the right side of the engine. There should be an elbow connector connecting the line to the engine. Does interior fan only come out of the defroster vents by chance?
Posted on Nov 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 09, 2017 | 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Oct 27, 2014 | Jeep Cars & Trucks
Oct 09, 2014 | 2010 Jeep Wrangler
Oct 06, 2014 | 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2...
Jul 25, 2014 | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Apr 09, 2010 | 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2...
Jan 30, 2010 | 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2...
Dec 06, 2009 | 2005 Jeep Wrangler
Oct 25, 2009 | 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2...
Aug 23, 2009 | 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2...
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!