- The message center display is blank
- INSTALL a new instrument cluster. REFER to Section 413-01 .
see owners manual for information
Principles of Operation
The message center is a vacuum fluorescent display, part of the instrument cluster. The message center electronic functions use both hardwired, standard corporate protocol (SCP), and UART based protocal (UBP) communication networks to transmit and receive information. As a technician it is very important to understand:
- where the input (command) originates from.
- all the information (messages) necessary in order for a feature to operate.
- which module(s) receive(s) the input or command message.
- does the module which receieved the input (message) control the input of the feature, or does it output a message over the SCP communication network to another module?
- which module controls the output of the feature.
The message center provides the following features:
- information displays
- setup displays
- warning messages
- system check messages
The message center information can be selected through a set of three bottons: