Question about BMW Cars & Trucks
I have followed utube video showing how to trigger this feature via computer (not idrive)but such a feature does not appear to be on my computer. Have read that BMW can do this via their computer.Can help please.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: bluetooth echo
Go to your cellular phone company and tell them the problem, they got t fix it. unless you didn't bought the Idrive from there... in that case buy a new Bluetooth from them and insure it.
Posted on Jun 17, 2008
you can take the fuse out from under ther bonnet and open and close the doors manually(boot may not open though), the fault is with one of the locking mechenisms in any door
Posted on Aug 09, 2008
Well you may follow the step below to reset idrive -
Firstly with the ignition switched on, set the odometer trip meter back to zero by pushing it once. Then switch the ignition back off again.
1. Switch the ignition on so that the battery, Oil and Parking brake lights are displayed and the key is ready to start the engine, but note you don't actually start the car.
2. Press the odometer reset button for between 5 and 10 seconds until a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in the center appears in the top window between the clocks (where the outside temperature / time or date normally appears) - this is the "Service" icon.
3. Release the odometer button briefly and press again straight away which brings up a picture of the Brake Fluid symbol (same as the one that the i-drive shows when you look at the Service menu).
4. If you want to reset the Brake Fluid interval for another 2 years then keep holding the odometer button until the word "RESET?" appears at the bottom of the lower window.
5. Release the button briefly and push it in again and hold for about 5 - 10 seconds until the new date appears in the bottom window. You can then switch the ignition off and the new Brake Fluid date will appear in the service menu on the i-drive screen next time you switch on.
6. If you want to reset the Oil, Microfilter or Brake Pad indicators then you will need to follow the same sequence as steps 1 and 2 above, but when you get to step 3 and the brake Fluid icon appears, just release the button and press again and the next service item will appear.
7. You can continue releasing and pressing the button until the required service item icon appears for the one you want to reset. As soon as it does then hold in the button in until the word "RESET?" appears again as in step 4 above. Once the word "RESET?" has appeared, you need to release the button briefly and hold it in again for about 5 - 10 seconds until it is replaced by the new service interval figure (as per step 5 above). hope this helps...
Posted on Oct 06, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 01, 2016 | 2010 BMW X3
Jul 25, 2015 | BMW Cars & Trucks
Aug 11, 2014 | 1992 BMW 3 Series
Sep 12, 2011 | 2008 BMW 528i Sedan
Apr 22, 2011 | 2005 BMW X5
Jul 29, 2010 | 2005 Dodge Caravan
Mar 24, 2010 | 2005 BMW M3
Jul 16, 2009 | BMW 325 Cars & Trucks
Mar 15, 2009 | 2005 Toyota Camry Solara
20 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!