Question about Cars & Trucks
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
you dont have to take the trrim off on this car look at the outline of the switch open from rear and pull forward then you can change the window switch/ Please rate my response thank you very much
Posted on Feb 01, 2009
You mentioned you tried re-programming.So did you tried this procedure.If not,then try this procedure of reprogramming:---
The programming for a remote is as follows.
1. Open drivers door and leave open.
(in the uk that's the passenger side)
2. Lock and Unlock the drivers door using the power lock switch on door panel.
3. Insert key into the ignition.
4. Turn key to the ON and OFF position 3 times in 10 seconds. Leave key in ignition.
5. Open and close drivers door 3 times ending with door in the open position.
6. Door locks should respond by locking and unlocking.
7. Press any button on remote 2 times. Doors should then lock and unlock.
8. If programming a second remote press any button onit 2 times and door locks should lock and unlock.
9. Remove key from ignition and locks should lock and unlock again.
10. Test Remotes.------------------------ In some cases disconnecting and reconnecting the battery helps.Disconnect the battery for 15 minutes then reconnect the battery. ---------- Check out.Keep updated.Thanks.Helpmech.
Posted on Feb 23, 2011
You will need to replace the driver door switch. You can try to pick a switch up from the dealer or a local car wrecker (i.e. Pick-n-Pull). It will involve learning to take apart the door trim panel.
Posted on Sep 05, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 05, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 05, 2017 | 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer
Oct 22, 2017 | 2002 Audi A4
May 02, 2010 | 1996 Volkswagen Golf
Feb 15, 2010 | 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jan 19, 2010 | 2006 Volkswagen Passat
Sep 04, 2009 | 2002 Volvo V70
Dec 13, 2008 | 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Aug 25, 2008 | 1989 BMW 5 Series
Mar 18, 2018 | Cars & Trucks
16 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!