Question about Cars & Trucks
DTC P0481Cooling Fan Relay 2 Control Circuit .
You swaped what plugs ? Fan's ? That wouldn't change anything ! You need to know how these duel fan set up's work . With this code the fans will still work in low speed , not high !
Output driver modules (ODMs) are used by the PCM to turn on many of the current-driven devices that are needed to control various engine and transaxle functions. Each ODM is capable of controlling up to 7 separate outputs by applying ground to the device which the PCM is commanding ON. Unlike the quad driver modules (QDMs) used in prior model years, ODMs have the capability of diagnosing each output circuit individually. If an improper voltage level has been detected on ODM B output 2, which controls the high speed, relay 2, and series/parallel cooling fan relays, DTC P0481 will set.
Do you know how to do automotive electrical testing ?
Check for the following conditions:
• Poor connection at PCM -- Inspect harness connectors for the following items:
- Backed out terminals
- Improper mating
- Broken locks
- Improperly formed or damaged terminals
- Poor terminal to wire connections
• Damaged harness -- Inspect the wiring harness for damage.
• If the harness appears to be OK, disconnect the PCM, turn ON the ignition and observe a digital multimeter connected between the Fan Relay 2 driver circuit and ground at the PCM harness connector while moving connectors and wiring harnesses related to the series/parallel fan relay and the high speed fan relay. A change in voltage will indicate the location of the fault.
If the DTC cannot be duplicated and is determined to be intermittent, reviewing the Failure Records can be useful in determining when the DTC was last set. Also refer to Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections in Wiring Systems.
Relay Driven Dual Cooling Fan Diagnostics
Posted on Apr 24, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 15, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
May 24, 2012 | 2000 Chevrolet Impala
Dec 20, 2017 | 2002 Chevrolet Impala
Jun 05, 2010 | 2000 Chevrolet Impala
Sep 18, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Impala
May 23, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Impala
28 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!