Question about Vauxhall Cars & Trucks
Pull up the gear stick gaitor (it has a push fit collar), Remove the cover panel that surrounds the gear stick (4 screws) remembering to diconnect the hazard switch.
If i remember the heater control cover has three screws.. remove them then gently pull the cover out and up..
There was a youtube video showing this procedure...
Posted on Apr 16, 2017
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 18, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 28, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 25, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 14, 2011 | Lincoln Town Car Cars & Trucks
Well, here's the instructions from the service manual. The labor guide says this can be done in 1.6 hours...I don't see how, unless the instructions are wrong about having to remove the instrument panel. My thoughts are that if you are only doing the blower motor, the blower assembly will come out without pulling the dash. You probably only have to do a partial disassembly and remove the glove box and the glove box lower support.
Removal and Installation
1. Disconnect battery ground cable. Remove Instrument panel. (See Instrument Panel Removal) Disconnect resistor connector. remove blower assembly duct. Disconnect motor connector. Remove blower assembly
2. Remove blower assembly screws and blower motor assembly. Remove clip and fan from assembly. Separate motor case and remove blower motor. To install, reverse removal procedure.
1. Disable air bag system. See AIRBAG RESTRAINT SYSTEM article in ACCESSORIES/SAFETY EQUIPMENT SECTION. Disconnect negative battery cable. Scribe mating marks on steering wheel and shaft for installation reference. Using Steering Wheel Remover (J-29752) remove steering wheel. Remove steering cowl.
2. Remove instrument panel grilles and plug, or driving pattern indicator panel (A/T Models). Disconnect electrical connections. Remove instrument panel hood, instrument cluster ezel and instrument cluster. Remove hood release handle. Remove knee protector.
3. Remove dash fuse/relay block and side trim. Remove engine control module box. Remove radio console and glove box lower reinforcement. Remove speaker covers and glove box. Remove heater control panel knobs and cover. Disconnect heater control cables, and remove heater control panel. Remove illumination control knob. Remove instrument panel.
1. Install instrument panel. Install and adjust heater control cables. To complete installation, reverse removal procedure. Ensure mating marks on steering wheel and shaft align. Apply grease to contact ring and tighten steering wheel nut to 26 ft.lbs. (35 N.m).
Feb 28, 2011 | 1995 Isuzu Rodeo
A special tool, such as the one shown,
is necessary to disengage the temperature control cable from the back of
the control panel
Temperature control cable component identification
Exploded view of the heater control panel mounting
Click to Enlarge
To remove the control panel, first remove the trim cover and remove the panel mounting screws . . .
. . . then disengage the locking tabs on the temperature control cable . . .
. . . and detach the control cable. Detach all wiring harness connectors and remove the panel
Prior to installing the temperature
control cable, turn the control knob and the cable indicator to the
mid-points of their ranges
Click to Enlarge
Jan 16, 2011 | 2001 Ford Mustang
Jan 08, 2010 | 2003 Kia Sedona
Sep 30, 2009 | 1996 Honda Accord
Sep 21, 2009 | 2003 AMC Encore
Mar 31, 2009 | 2007 Ford E-350 Super Duty Length XLT
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: